Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read up on the factory sub but had a few questions maybe someone has already tried and could help with ,

was going to get a used JBL sub box and replace it with a kenwood , do I need the amp? I assume so.

Is the wiring already there on a sr5 non jbl crewmax

is it plug and play if i got the amp and factory sub box

the amp goes under the passenger seat correct and the sub behind the drivers side rear seat as well

anyone done this and if they have are they happy or was it a waste

just wanted a bit better sound quality and wanted to keep the stock look
thank you

· HID Retrofit Lord
1,479 Posts
Did you get the sub woofer box already? I have the subwoofer and panel cover that I can trade you for your back panel.

not sure if the SR5 has the connector on it but you'll be better off to install an aftermarket amp and run it straight from the head unit.

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you get the sub woofer box already? I have the subwoofer and panel cover that I can trade you for your back panel.

not sure if the SR5 has the connector on it but you'll be better off to install an aftermarket amp and run it straight from the head unit.
I have not purchased the sub yet , how much for the swap? I will pull the panel and check for the wiring .wiring and stereo stuff is not my forte at all , hopefully it is easy .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.