Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought the Tundra May 17th at Berglund Toyota in Lynchburg VA. I had to sell my 2010 Tacoma for something bigger and opted for the RW CM in magnetic gray.

Here's a pic of my Tacoma before selling it.

Here are some pictures of the Tundra the morning after bringing it home, in stock form.

My three reasons for needing something bigger..

· Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First things I did were matching tint on the front windows, N-Fab wheel to wheel nerf steps (SVCustoms had the best price I could find, thanks Josh), removed the mud flaps, and debadged everything but the TRD stickers on the bed. I also ordered a 6" stainless steel BAMuffler exhaust system from Keith at DirtDeeds Industries.

· Registered
37 Posts
Nice truck! Good color choice. You'll love the Tundra.

· Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today I finally got around to installing the Grillcraft. These are a few pics I managed to get right before the sun went down. By the end of next week it should have a completely different look to it. My BAMuffler is scheduled for delivery on Friday the 14th. I also have a set of flat black FN BFD wheels in 18"X9" and +12mm offset coming Thursday. Friday I will have some 295/65/18 Duratracs installed on the wheels and I will bolt in the exhaust. I also have a set of black 3D floor liners that should be here next week.

· Registered
403 Posts
Damn, thats looking awesome! Good call on the complete debadging (stickers belong in happymeals :lol5:)
How dark did you go on the tint, im gonna get mine done soon and yours look just right.
Keep up the good work, and dont forget to update with more pics please.....

· Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn, thats looking awesome! Good call on the complete debadging (stickers belong in happymeals :lol5:)
How dark did you go on the tint, im gonna get mine done soon and yours look just right.
Keep up the good work, and dont forget to update with more pics please.....
Thanks, I think the wheels/tires will make a huge difference. They said they did the tint at 35% because I did a lumar heat reduction pro series film. If the did any darker the front would have looked darker than the rear. In pictures it doesn't look like a great match because of the extra light that comes through the windshield, but in person it's a pretty good match. More pics to come and I plan on making a few videos of the exhaust as well.

· Registered
14,261 Posts
Cool...

And nice job on truck too...

color match or black headlight mod next?

· Registered
14,261 Posts
dude, it is really simple. I will not say easy, as burns on fingers is one possibility, another is fogging of the headlights, however, there have been phenomenally more positive outcomes than negative outcomes since the introduction of bhlm... U need either one. cuz now your headlights stick out like a suit at a 4h fair.... Just don't seem right.

If you can assemble an AR (relatively simple none the less) you can do a bhlm or cmhlm...

· Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The color match headlight mod looks pretty good too. Decisions decisions.

My front 3D mats came today, the rear is still on backorder for another couple weeks. I read the praises about these on tundratalk and I am definitely not disappointed. Fit is excellent and they have a Velcro type bottom that keeps them very securely in place. I had weathertechs in my Tacoma and can easily say I prefer these already. Tacomas have latches on the passenger side so sliding is not a huge issue there, with everything I've read about that problem in the tundras this seems like the way to go for all weather mats. I have the Toyota all weather mats available if anyone wants them before I put them up in the FS thread.

I also snapped a few more of the grill from straight on.

· Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had a pretty exciting delivery from UPS today. I got my BAMuffler and my BFD wheels. Goodyear also got my duratracs. I installed the exhaust a little earlier today and the wheels/tires are getting put on as I type this. It will probably be too dark to get any pictures tonight of the truck but I took these before coming here.

6" stainless steel BAMuffler. I didn't install the Helmholtz resonator today due to time, but after driving around for a bit I'm not even sure I will. There is already pretty much no drone with this exhaust.

And here is a picture of the FN BFD 18"X9" wheels in flat black. They have a +12mm offset and only weigh 22 pounds! The Duratracs going on them are 295-65-18 and weigh 58 pounds each. I will actually be reducing the unsprung weight by about 4 pounds per corner after the new wheels and tires.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.