Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so I am a new to me owner of a Radiant Red 2012 CrewMax Rock Warrior Tundra! I have had it only about a month so far and I absolutely love this truck! I don't plan on doing a whole lot off the bat but that is what I end up saying every time so I figured I would make a Build/Progress thread here. The truck is mostly the stock Rock Warrior package but there are a few things it has and I have added already.

Exterior:

• Hood Deflector
  • Window Deflectors/Visors
  • TYGER RISER 4" Black Side Steps
  • Factory Drop In Bed Liner
  • TruXedo Lo Pro QT Roll Up Bed Cover
  • Rhino-Rack Vortex Aero Roof Rack
  • Bike Fork Cleats mounted to center bed track

Interior:

• Husky X-Act Contour Floor Mats - Front and Rear
  • ProClip Dash Mount
  • Cobra RD hard wire and permanent windshield mount
  • Tekonsha P3 brake controller with harness
  • WeatherTech All-Weather Floor Mats - Front and Rear - FOR SALE
  • OEM Carpet Floor Mats - Front and Rear - FOR SALE

Suspension/Brakes:

• R1 Concepts eLine Black Slotted Rotors F/R
  • Power Stop Extreme Z36 TRUCK & TOW Pads F/R

Wheels/Tires:

• TRD Rock Warrior Wheels 17" x 8" +50
  • Falken Wildpeak A/T3W LT285/70R17 10Ply

Planned/Upcoming:

• Upgraded Billstein's Front and Rear - 5100's all around or 6112's in front with 5160's in back (Still not sure, but will most likely happen when the yellow/blues I have now crap out)
  • LED lightbar behind grille or bumper somewhere
  • LED lights throughout interior

That is about it for now but I will most likely be adding to the lists.

I am replacing the tires right off the bat because I do NOT like the stock BFG A/T KO's at all and they have a ton of cracking between the treads with only 44k miles on them and at least 50% tread left, granted they are almost 5 years old but that doesn't seem normal to me and I want to make sure the truck is as safe as it can be for my wife and I. I am not sure how you guys feel about these tires but I can tell you that my particular set in their current condition are JUNK in the snow and rain and living in Buffalo that is just not going to cut it. Additionally they feel almost slippery like when rubber just gets really really old and it seems like the compound in these just degraded way too fast compared to tires I have had on other vehicles in the past.

Here are a couple pictures of how the truck sits right now:

And one in the wild!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installed my new TruXedo Lo Pro QT roll up tonneau cover today. Fits and looks great! I look forward to utilizing this to keep stuff dry and safe when we go camping!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
The cover looks great man! Truck is coming together real nice. How much was the cover if you don't mind me asking? Im in the market for one currently.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cover looks great man! Truck is coming together real nice. How much was the cover if you don't mind me asking? Im in the market for one currently.
Thanks! Cover was $418 on Amazon. I was originally looking at the weathertech one which also took advantage of the deck rail system in the bed but this had such great reviews and I'm glad I went with it. Really sleek looking and easy to install.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing recently, just bought my first house so I've been pretty busy with that. Used the truck a lot to move things and haul away a plethora of boxes haha

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's been awhile so here's a short little update...

Installed my new RhinoRack roof rack a week ago and I must say I really like the look of it. It will mostly be used for kayak hauling right off the bat. I also installed two fork cleats on the bed track against the front of the bed to mount my bikes to when transporting but I have no picture of that at the moment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Almost forgot, awhile back I installed a hard wire and permanent windshield mount for my radar detector which is tucked up nicely behind the right side of the rear view mirror.

I also installed the mount and wiring harness for a Tekonsha P3 since I have been helping my wife out with some horse trailering needs

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Installed new slotted rotors and powerstop pads last weekend. The rotors I replaced were really warped and causing terrible braking confidence with the relentless shaking on even moderate braking so it had to happen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vacuumed the whole cab and installed new Husky X-Act Contour floor mats in the front and rear. I will be posting my Weathertech mats and OEM carpets soon for sale!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts