Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody moved their jack from under the rear passenger seat? was it a PITA? where did you end up relocating it to?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I put mine in a toolbox in the bed of the truck.

With a child seat installed there was no way to access it (Dbl cab). Figured having to remove/install a child seat while dealing with a flat tire was a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: argyle64

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put mine in a toolbox in the bed of the truck.

With a child seat installed there was no way to access it (Dbl cab). Figured having to remove/install a child seat while dealing with a flat tire was a recipe for disaster.
have not thought of that. i have a 2 year old but hes in my wifes car 99% of the time.

were there just a few bolts to undo? I briefly looked at mine over the weekend and the carpet came up so close to it i couldnt see much. almost appeared to be welded in which would be crappy for removal

·
Registered
877 Posts
The clamp that holds the jack is welded to the floor.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The clamp that holds the jack is welded to the floor.
so how did you get it out?

i am going to put a subwoofer there so i need a flat surface under there

·
Registered
877 Posts
I just left it there. At some point the kids will be out of child seats.

·
Registered
383 Posts
WAIT! We have jack? I guess I could use it but the car seats in the back of my double cab make it a PITA to get to it. I would just use my roadside assistance if I needed it.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I just keep a floor jack in my tool box

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
My jack was moved to the toolbox stored in the bed. I left the welded holder
in place and used that space for my Farad cap. My subs are on the passenger
side (rear) to complete the setup..

My setup is First Gen. Not sure how it looks under the 2G rear seats, so I expect it would be a little different with much bigger space to play with?

Attachments

Reactions: O7trdbama

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My jack was moved to the toolbox stored in the bed. I left the welded holder
in place and used that space for my Farad cap. My subs are on the passenger
side (rear) to complete the setup..

My setup is First Gen. Not sure how it looks under the 2G rear seats, so I expect it would be a little different with much bigger space to play with?
thanks

i guess nobody has actually removed the welded piece. i think the box will still fit, just stick out from under the seat...yuck

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
thanks

i guess nobody has actually removed the welded piece. i think the box will still fit, just stick out from under the seat...yuck
I didn't remove it either. Just build your box around it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't remove it either. Just build your box around it?
well i already ordered the box, knowing it will fit in the overall space under that seat...i mean i know i can probably dremmel it out or have a guy in a shop spend 5 minutes getting it out, just thought it was easier, like possibly bolted in

i can put it under the other seat, but that sort of defeats the whole reason of why i chose this box (leaving that side available for storage)

·
Registered
497 Posts
just beat the weld off..

·
Registered
296 Posts
I had a friend help remove mine. He ground down the spot welds and then used some pliers to grab the metal and bent them back and forth until they broke off. It only took a few minutes with the grinder and now it’s completely flat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts