Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been digging around most of the afternoon trying to find an answer to this but keep coming up empty handed. Hopefully, one of you here is smarter than I am.

I installed a set of Recon projectors in my 2016. Factory harness has 4 connectors while the Recons have 3. I'm assuming the extra one is for the leveling motor in the factory headlights. From the Recons, I spliced the red wire to the purple wire going into the amber bulb connector on the factory harness. The black I grounded onto the factory ground on the fender.

When I turned everything back on, the DRL 'eyebrow' on the Recons did not illuminate although the amber did. Exactly like the factory units do. I assume that if I splice the factory pink wire, instead of the purple, the eyebrows should come on with the amber DRLs. Is that a correct assumption?

When I turn on the parking lights, only the passenger side eyebrow illuminates.

When I turn on the headlights, the projectors come on but still only one eyebrow.

Any ideas? Faulty unit? I have left a message for customer service over at Recon.

Appreciate any pointers. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Futzed around with this some more today. Turns out the purple wire on the drive side harness is not the same as the purple wire on the passenger side. Finally got it worked out and had both the eyebrows and the amber bulbs illuminated. The eyebrows shut off when the headlights come on which is probably how they should work. But, I couldn't leave well enough alone.

I tried wiring it up to get the eyebrows to stay on with the amber as DRLs as well as stay on with the headlights. A couple of fuses didn't like that so much. Is there a way to wire so the eyebrows stay on all the time?

Only issue I need to resolve now is that the eyebrows blink with the turn signals. I don't think it's supposed to work that way. Ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.