Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am looking at my truck today and I noticed that the seal on teh fender flare is inside the flare. Before I start tearing things apart to fix it. Are those screws real or show. Will I need to replace the seal?

THanks.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Remove the black bolts in the inner fender well area, if the seal is repairable stick it back on. Using acetone to clean the 3m tape adhesive area and then use a little heat to help adhere should get the tape to stay in place. While installing put all bolts in loosely and apply pressure in the center of the flare and tighten the bolts from the center out. If the flares are installed unevenly the seals will eventually come off. How's the paint on the truck? Did they rub very bad?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remove the black bolts in the inner fender well area, if the seal is repairable stick it back on. Using acetone to clean the 3m tape adhesive area and then use a little heat to help adhere should get the tape to stay in place. While installing put all bolts in loosely and apply pressure in the center of the flare and tighten the bolts from the center out. If the flares are installed unevenly the seals will eventually come off. How's the paint on the truck? Did they rub very bad?
Thanks for the instructions. The paint is in good shape where the seal opooer off.

Is that a Jackson welding helmet in your avatar?

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Thanks for the instructions. The paint is in good shape where the seal opooer off.

Is that a Jackson welding helmet in your avatar?
You're welcome!

SpeedGlass Auto Helmet :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts