Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for your help. I'm just looking to add a single channel amp and a subwoofer that I bought

I've got an 09 tundra 5.7 4x4, auto, front bench seat. Best buy installed a pioneer head unit (with DVD player) last year. I don't see any jl audio markings, so I don't think it's that edition.

I've done my last few vehicles by running the power cable to the back with fuse from the battery, then the RCA cables run from head unit to the back, and same for remote wire. I was planning to use this same method again, but read in a few places where people were accessing the amp under the front passenger seat and then using an adapter for the RCA cables, and also accessing the remote wire from here. Can I do this with my truck? It would save me some work, because I traditionally always ran the RCA cables down the opposite side of the truck than the power cable. And I also wouldn't have to get to the head unit if I can use this method.

I've attempted to attach a picture of what I've got under the passenger seat, hopefully you can see it well enough. Thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hopefully this helps someone else, never got an answer but that's ok...

Running wires the traditional way isn't too bad. Cutting the nipple to take the power cable through the cable the firewall didn't work, I ended up just going under that grommet. I used a 4 gauge cable, should be successful with anything smaller than that.

The trim comes off the floor easily and works great to have an amp under the front seat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts