Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a special procedure to change a battery in a 2019 Tundra? I am a recovering Ford addict and they require you to register the battery change in the ECM module or let it sit 8 hours for the new battery to be recognized because of the smart charging system.

Do Tundras charge the battery all the time and any recommendations on a battery brand.

·
Registered
13,915 Posts
No, depending on year. I know of the ford issue... It's a pita. I install plows, and have ran into the issue several times. It's stupid, but then again, so is ford stupid for not making the F250-450 just standard with plow prep, instead issuing a bulletin about plows and the necessary dual battery option, and dual alternators, but not actually building trucks with it.. I apologize, I am getting off-topic.

On my 2017, and my 2010, you could disco the battery, and reconnect at any time, and the only issue is the radio presets on some years, and the truck will go into relearn mode as far as driving habits.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Most garages have a device they can plug into the cigaret/12v outlet which will keep charge on system when battery is disconnected, saves your pre-sets and computer mmemory. You can do same thing with motorcycle or lawnmower 12v battery and alligator clips, just make sure positive terminal is isolated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts