Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 2017 Tundra's and I find it hard to read the gauges without turning on the either the driving or the headlights in order to get the gauges to light up.

Is there some sort of trick or aftermarket kit of some sort to get these trucks to back light the gauges all the time.

I know the 2018 now has this feature where it's gauges are lit all the time.

My personal truck has tinted windows and I can't see the gauges at all unless I turn on my driving lights.

Reactions: thewellington

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that nob works if you turn on the headlights first. That what I am trying to avoid. I would really like my gauges to back light all the time like the 2018s do.

There is no dash lights on without turning on the headlights or driving lights first in a 2014-2017.

The 2018 is back lit all the time, I also believe the 2007-2013 were also back lit all the time.

I believe this issue is limited to the 2014-2017 models, where they are not back lit without turning on either the headlights or the driving/marker lights.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
There are other threads on this and I don't remember any of them having a fix.
My front windows are tinted and I don't have any problems seeing my dash.

But that stated, it seems like there would be a fix to your issue.
Something like jumping a wire like in the 'fog lights on with the parking lights and HI beams' mod.

I guess you'd need to research the wiring diagrams and see if you can bypass something to make them on all the time.
Or drive with your parking lights on all the time, I do that in my work vehicle.

Reactions: CC1999
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.