Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
No problem bro, it's going to look pretty darn good once it's done!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This plasti dip stuff rocks!! I am doing my front bumper as we speak and did a first coat but went too heavy and and some dripping. Was pissed off because i didn't like the way it looked, soooo i peeled it off with no damage to the chrome. Put second coat on now and much better job with no drips. Gonna put 2 or 3 more light coats and hopefully it will look decent. will post pics soon!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here is a pic of the front and back bumpers with plasti dip. The back did not turn out so well, but I can always peel off and re-do. It will suffice right now!

·
Registered
233 Posts
That looks really good. That is gonna be my next mod after debadging.

·
Registered
108 Posts
looks good what exactly is plasti dip. if it doesnt crack or peel how come it can just peel off when you want to remove it. also do you spray it or roll it on

·
Registered
189 Posts
^^ it's some sort of rubberized coating. i hear it works pretty well -- this is my first time using it, so i can't speak from experience. it definitely peels right off though if you work at it... it's the weirdest thing!

comes in an aerosal can so you just spray it on.

·
Registered
108 Posts
thanks man i think im gonna try it after the winter. anybody know how long it will hold up?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I did my front bumper yesterday. If I can stand the fumes one more day I will do the rear today...

I used a spray on bedliner, then I used plasti-dip over that. That way, any inperfections are hidden by the bedliner.. :) Also think i am going to also do the section of the front bumper that is gray as well..

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has anyone plasti-dipped their grille surround? I'd be interested in see some pictures..

I'm debating plastidipping my bumpers, grill surround and bush whacker flares.. hm

On a black DC, btw

·
Registered
43 Posts
How well does the black plastic dip match the tundra black on the 08?im thinking of trying this but wanted to have some kind of idea on the match before I start. Because I wanted todo the grille suround area too.
Any input or pics would help alot thanks

21 - 40 of 43 Posts