Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2008 SR5 Tundra. I was specifically looking for a short bed, standard cab and two wheel drive model with the 5.7L engine. After almost two weeks of searching the internet I only found 4 of them. One in Florida, one in Tennessee, one in Texas and one in Utah. They were all either '07s or '08s.

Then last Saturday I found one newly listed at a Toyota dealer in N. Phoenix (I live in Mesa, AZ). I drove there that morning, it was very clean, a deal was agreed to and I was driving my new truck home by 1300 hrs (1:00 PM for civilians).

At the beginning of my search I went to a local Toyota dealer to try and buy a new one but Toyota doesn't offer a 2WD, SB, SC with the 5.7L anymore and wouldn't even let me special order one. Oh they would gladly sell me a 4X4 but I don't need four wheel drive and didn't want to pay for it, either initially, in maintenance or milage.

The above experience leeds me to wonder if the SB, SC, 5.7L in 2WD is a rare model, only offered in the two years I found examples from, 2007 & 2008?

Dave

·
Registered
471 Posts
it's comparatively very rare vs. say a 5.7 crewmax, but I'd guess that Toyota's still built a lot of them

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The RCSB with 5.7 2WD is less than 1% of total production each year it was offered.

Not only they are rare, they are the hardest for dealers to sell as a new truck.
Interesting. Would you happen to know what years it was offered? Is my guess that it was only available in '07 & '08 correct? Still haven't seen a newer one in the used market.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
About as rare as a Honda civic

Sent from my toilet.

·
Registered
497 Posts
they are rare around here...

Reactions: Wacked and Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
471 Posts
there are a LOT of Tundras in my area, and I do occasionally see 5.7 RCSB's, but they're definitely 1 in 100

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
126 Posts
They're rare and have less resale because hardly anyone wants one.
You are correct and some do want one but isn't practical for a family hauler. People need four doors now.

For the time being, resale is going to suck on those models however I didn't buy it for resale.

The only thing I don't like about my truck is the large doors. I wish toyota had just used the two front doors off a DC for the regular cab.

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
dude, enjoy the doors, add a s/c otherwise this is pointless.

Reactions: lars00n and Wacked

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Reactions: lars00n and Wacked

·
Registered
11 Posts
Way to slip in that your not a "civilian" bootass douschenozzle. Probably in the airforce and will never see soil outside of the U.S let alone a combat zone. To answer your question your truck isn't rare just not sought after

1 - 20 of 98 Posts