Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my 07' 5.7 4x4 new March of 2007. I've put 220K on it with zero problems. Best ride I've ever owned and I'm hoping to get at least another 200K out of her.

Question is: I'm itching to slap a supercharger on for better pulling performance but I'd like to get some of your opinions. Do you think she's too old for this pricy mod? Should I wait till she dies and do this to a new one or F'it & go for it? What do you think?

Thanks!

· Registered
1,894 Posts
If you can get 10-12k for it take cash and buy SC and use other half for down payment for new truck.

Lol lay off the cracks bro...... 10 to 12k for a truck with 200k+ miles on it hahaha yeah right keep dreaming. You can find tundras for that price with a quarter to half the mileage on it. He would have to get really lucky on a private sale. And to the op it is my personal opinion that you should not put a s/c on a tundra with that many miles. I wouldn't but to each there own.

· Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Here's an option. Get a used ECU for the TRD Flash. Keep your current one "for the future". Get the S/C installed and spank your 5.7L with all that extra boost and enjoy the ride.. There are documented Tundras w/ 600K+ and still going.. if you ever want to swap or sell that S/C in the future, you'd still have your original ECU to run it when back to stock..

· Premium Member
554 Posts
I would highly recommend against it also. Not that I think there would be any problem with it but the value alone is not worth it.

I am not degrading your vehicle by saying this but the value of your vehicle is probablly less or just equal to the cost of the SC and by adding the SC, the value wouldn't change that much. I agree with other posts and if I was in your case, I would just look into a low mileage 2010 non FFV and SC it.

Just my 2 cents! Good luck!

· Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I only have one question, who's gonna install it? If you're willing to install it by yourself then yes, go for it. If not, then I'd say no.

The reason I say this is because if the engine dies due to the extra boost and high mileage, you can simply remove the supercharger parts and install it on your new truck/engine without paying labor to remove and install again.

If you decided to go for it, just make sure you have a spare ECU just like jbroas said.

· Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not looking to sell. Like serberus said the retail to someone else isn't that much, but since I know it's history, it's all paid off, and honestly just as badass as the day I bought it. I think I'll drive this one into the ground. I was more curious about the extra stress on an system with high miles.

Bottom line guess I'll hold off and preform this mod when I buy a new one a few years down the road.

Thanks for all the thoughtful replys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.