Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm wondering if anybody knows if spyder projectors can be opened to do a bhlm or cmhlm? If so is it the same procedure?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes, you can do it. I have them on my Titan & plan on doing a retrofit (better projectors & plasma LED rings). Of course, I'm sending mine to a guy in San Diego from TitanTalk because I don't trust my skill level with a procedure like that.

FYI, I don't know the steps to do it, but it CAN be done.

Craig

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im working on another set just like yours, will replace the crappy halos for plasmas and upgrade the projectors...

View attachment 73546

View attachment 73554

275 degrees for 8-10 mins will do it.

Awesome thanx bro dude!! I try to YouTube it but nothing came up on that exact situation, but one of your vids came up.maybe you should post a diy on there. Do u know how to make an hid fit into the high beam? I found a thread on titan talk on how to do it but I'm wondering if you know a better way. Also I want to color match will regular spray paint work? After you take apart the housing does everything else unscrew or pop off? Are replacement halos cheaper for these than the kit for the tundra?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm learning,lol!!!!

·
HID Retrofit Lord
1,481 Posts
You can replace the projectors with morimotos mini h1, not sure about the high beam but will do a measurement when I get the rest of projectors I'm waiting for, from TRS.

You don't need the same halo kits from aac for stock headlights, you can get cheaper one at Trs.

About the paint, you can get a can of perfect match at your local store n it will be close enough.

If I have time ill take some pics n send them to u, I'm crazy busy doing all kinds of retrofits :(

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can replace the projectors with morimotos mini h1, not sure about the high beam but will do a measurement when I get the rest of projectors I'm waiting for, from TRS.

You don't need the same halo kits from aac for stock headlights, you can get cheaper one at Trs.

About the paint, you can get a can of perfect match at your local store n it will be close enough.

If I have time ill take some pics n send them to u, I'm crazy busy doing all kinds of retrofits :(

Thanks for the info!!! If u are able to take pics that would b awesome but if not I really do understand, I usually jump into projects without all the info needed but this time I'm going to do it right (I hope). Are u you goin to install a projector or halo on the drl/blinker?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts