Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents

I am sure this top has been posted already but my quick search did not turn up any results so please forgive me and direct me to already posted answer.

The issue I am having is using Siri voice commands to dial one of my contacts when integrated with my Toyota handsfree system in my 2012 Tundra with Nav. She will eventually find the contact but then when she goes to dial the system actually disconnects as it is already connected when I say "call Jim". Am i doing something wrong using Siri or is there a known issue with integration into the Toyota handsfree system. Thanks

· Registered
375 Posts
Its a iOS glitch. If you search he web you'll find plenty about it. I seldom times use Siri so I don't have that problem but, my iPhone disconnects from he navi while on phone calls and apparently that's also and iPhone problem, not the navi.
Maybe the next iOS update will cure this problems :dunno:

· Registered
55 Posts
Must just be an iPhone 5 issue. I have the 4S and don't have that issue. Always use Siri to dial my contacts.

· Registered
18 Posts
I cant direct you to the actual thread but when searching the other day, this same issue came up. It has to deal with the new iOS update. Its not the Navi or Toyota's issue. And for some odd reason, i want to say its ONLY for the iphone 5 too?

· Registered
242 Posts
I have a 2010 Crewmax with just bluetooth, no Nav, I have an iPhone 5, and have not had any issues using Siri while connected to the bluetooth.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see your problem, it's an iPhone
Glad I just bought this Iphone 5 then! I had no issues with my Blackberry but perhaps I am doing something wrong. When I ask Siri to call someone in my directory she will find the person then say calling then call gets cut off as it shuts off. I guess when I am giving Siri the directions she has already told the Toyota system to call so it shows calling, then when the actual call is made it hangs up. I guess it is the phone not the system. Hoping for a fix or someone to tell me I am using the Iphone incorrect!

· Registered
375 Posts
Glad I just bought this Iphone 5 then! I had no issues with my Blackberry but perhaps I am doing something wrong. When I ask Siri to call someone in my directory she will find the person then say calling then call gets cut off as it shuts off. I guess when I am giving Siri the directions she has already told the Toyota system to call so it shows calling, then when the actual call is made it hangs up. I guess it is the phone not the system. Hoping for a fix or someone to tell me I am using the Iphone incorrect!
I love my iPhone, best cell I ever had, I have the 4S but updated with the same iOS you have in your iPhone 5. I close to never used Siri but just to check on this issue I tried it today and the same exact thing happens when I use, it stops the music, listens for the command, finds the contact and attempts to dial but then disconects the call and music comes back on.
I use the trucks hands free button and works great since all my contacts are synced with it, couple more steps than Siri but not bad.
A this point I'd say let's hope for a fix in the next update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.