Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to get some opinions on what I'm getting done to my truck! I have Kens Car Tunes making a custom dash mount for my Ipad Mini. I got the idea from a place in Sarasota, FL that does it. I have attached some pics of the progress so far. They mounted a JVC radio deep into the dash so the Ipad mount will be flush with the dash. I will post more pics upon completion.

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
That's awesome! Can't wait to see! I just asked my audio guys about it. I just don't have the coin to buy an iPad and have it installed at the moment. Got sound system goin in next week tho.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See if these pictures work!

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some pictures of the mount. It's getting painted today! I will update again when finished!

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are the pictures again! Last one's didn't work.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of sound system are you putting in your truck? I'm looking for something for my crewmax but don't want to drop the money on a JL audio stealthbox.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup that would be nice! All together for the Radio (Bluetooth and Steering Wheel Controls), Custom Dash Mount, and Install is $1,000

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it finished!

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picture with Ipad

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
maybe it's just the lighting...the second pic with ipad in looks like it's matchingpretty close to the rest of the dash..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
By far worth it and it custom fiberglass

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea that's the one I wanted it to be like

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No I have a Verizon and AT&T hotspot that my work pays for. The Wifi Ipad was only $260 and I stil have nav and all the aps you would want!

·
Registered
621 Posts
That looks awesome!! Can't wait to get mine done. I was quoted 1100 to do the install. But why have a deck behind it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I could still have Bluetooth and use my steering wheel controls. The $1,000 was with the JVC radio.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts