Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel silly posting about this, but it was another rainy day today and this is driving me crazy. In my wife's 2008 Highlander and my previous 2003 Tundra, twisting the intermittent wiper switch upwards would increase the delay... in my new 2013, it does the exact opposite. Has anybody else observed this and is it driving them nuts having to re-learn how to use the intermittent wipers?.

I know, first world problem, but I can't be the only one who noticed/wondered about this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I thought it was just me. Yes, my 2011 Tundra is opposite from my old '99 Tacoma. I've had the Tundra for almost two years and I still can't adjust the wiper timing right on the first try. But that could be I don't use it a lot cause there isn't much rain in southern California.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just happy to have my sanity confirmed. Like finnbone, I'm glad to live in California and not have to worry about rain too often (although I wish we got a little more this winter, low lake levels aren't fun boating)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
messed me up when i bought my 12 crewmax,was completly opposite of my 08 double cab.threw me off the first time it rained and i didn't need the wipers on low.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, it baffled me too...... I still have to fiddle around with it to figure it out, I don't use it a real lot.

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
2,434 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
You get used to it :D

Same issue coming from my Tacoma - makes ya really wonder if you are that much of a moron, huh? Lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just want to say I agree. It's nice to know I'm not the only one

·
Registered
26 Posts
:raises hand and admits that I thought I was going crazy for thinking this too: glad to know that I'm not.... Lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Same here!! HAha! Was driving my moms highlander before I bought my 2014, then all of a sudden, the intermittent is backwards? Wth? And the illustration is the same...?!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I feel silly posting about this, but it was another rainy day today and this is driving me crazy. In my wife's 2008 Highlander and my previous 2003 Tundra, twisting the intermittent wiper switch upwards would increase the delay... in my new 2013, it does the exact opposite. Has anybody else observed this and is it driving them nuts having to re-learn how to use the intermittent wipers?.

I know, first world problem, but I can't be the only one who noticed/wondered about this.
My is the same way on my 2013 crewmax!

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
My 10 is fine, same as my fj was, but has push up to just give that extra front to back wipe.

Also, 13 venza of the gf's is same. At least I think it is, only used the push up to wipe.

Now the cruise control, that has always been a bitch of mine.

Btw, I still have original wipers, I try to not use them, use rainex and it works.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Same here. Have a '13 PriusV and it's the exact opposite. Thought I was alone on this. Maybe we need a support group for us affected by this pandemic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts