Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....I went to attempt to change the cargo lamp bulbs to LED and my dumbass didn’t pull the fuse first. So I was using a very small pair of needle nose plier to pull them out and it Arched and lights went out. Now they weird this is, the cargo fuse is still good. What would cause them not to turn on? Any ideas? Anyone else experience this?
2019 DC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have not experienced this before and do not claim to be an expert, so just a suggestion/possibility. First, are you sure the fuse is good, did you check it with a meter and not just look at it? Are you sure you are checking the correct fuse (maybe check your manual for the fuse mapping)? Also, most vehicles these days are wired on a CAN-bus system and not just a straight connection to a fuse block. I'm not sure on how to re-set the system (maybe someone can chime-in here) but I would remove the negative lead of the battery, wait 10+ seconds and reconnect...heck what do you have to lose? Good luck!

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
You likely have a fuse blown, may not be the cargo lamp fuse. I have seen this many times on here over 10 years, and it is always a blown fuse. With the exception of swapping the puddle lights, where one person had a light driver ecu short out when the bulb shorted after a short period of use.

Reactions: theoat
1 - 3 of 3 Posts