Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I installed some aftermarket LED interior lights in my truck. While replacing the passenger side map light, the stock light sparked and now the new light doesn't work as well as the light under the passenger side feet area. I checked the fuses and none are blown. Any idea what it could be?

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Check ur manual, there is a fuse under your hood, right side in front of your battery- that ones needs to be checked. In the future, removed your fuse first, place all of your aftermarket LED's in place- then put your fuse back in and they should all burn fine- Same thing that happened to you has happened to me bro..Good luck- your manual will show the banks of fuses and their particular area they power. I believe the fuse is a 7.5 amp that you need to change

Reactions: 65aircooled

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you saw sparks, something stopped working, then it's most definitely a fuse (it did its job).

Keep checking.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It is under the hood as big tundra said and correct, 7.5 amp low profile.

Reactions: Big Tundra

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys checked all the 7.5 amp fuses that were shown in the owners manual and none are blown. I even went as far as to replace the ones that were good. Now I'm really stumped!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Is this the one you checked? Engine bay? I blew that one over the weekend installing courtesy lights and all my interior lights as well as foot well went out. An no, it is not a 5amp fuse

Reactions: DARKNESS

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys, I figured it out! After replacing all the fuses with no fix, I decided to take apart the light fixture itself. I took down the light panel from the ceiling and found that the contacts for the socket itself was somehow bent and no longer making contact with the light. I bent them down and it's all fixed. Thanks a lot for the help!

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Good work! Now on to installing your new suspension, lol!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts