Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to change out my interior lights (dome and front by rear view mirror).

I would appreciate some feedback on the type / brand of LED recommended based on past experience to buy.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with Xenon Vision...they have been installed since May, and have had no issues as of yet.
Do you have a link to the site or part number? I assume those four bulbs are the same.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dome Light Bulb
Stock #: 168

Luggage Compartment Light Bulb
Stock #: 921

Map Light Bulb

Vanity Mirror Light Bulb
Stock #: 7065

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dome Light Bulb

Luggage Compartment Light Bulb
Stock #: 921

Map Light Bulb

Vanity Mirror Light Bulb
Stock #: 7065
Appreciate the info. What color did you get? Cool or Natural? Also, were they plug and work or did yo have to add any thing for them to work since they are LED.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Appreciate the link. Are they really like $ 45 for only one LED bulb?
$45 is for the kit and this is what was included:

What's included:
x2 Front Overhead Dome Light Bulbs
x2 Rear Overhead Dome Light Bulbs
x1 Under-Dash LED Bulb

What's optional:
x4 Vanity Mirror LED Bulbs

They are definitely much better than stock - and the vanity mirror bulbs are unbelievably bright :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$45 is for the kit and this is what was included:

What's included:
x2 Front Overhead Dome Light Bulbs
x2 Rear Overhead Dome Light Bulbs
x1 Under-Dash LED Bulb

What's optional:
x4 Vanity Mirror LED Bulbs

They are definitely much better than stock - and the vanity mirror bulbs are unbelievably bright :D
I just noticed on their site it was a kit. Are they plug and light or did you have to modify anything with your electrical for them to work?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Appreciate the info. What color did you get? Cool or Natural? Also, were they plug and work or did yo have to add any thing for them to work since they are LED.[/QUOTE
I purchased LEDS from them in the past and they sell very good products. I have not
changed any interior lights since I have a 2012 But hoping to see a 2018 in my future.*you get what yo pay for*

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I just noticed on their site it was a kit. Are they plug and light or did you have to modify anything with your electrical for them to work?

Completely plug & play. Was super easy to swap them out. Headlight Revolution also has a YouTube channel with lots of install videos that are very helpful.
The only thing from the kit that I changed later was swapping out the under dash (footwell) light. I ended up buying a front and rear footwell light kit from VLEDS which really lights up nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I switched out all of my interior lights sitting at a construction stop while on a road trip. Super easy, just make sure you test them before putting the covers back on, LEDs can actually be put in backwards.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everyone appreciate the feedback. I will order them shortly from HR....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I switched out all of my interior lights sitting at a construction stop while on a road trip. Super easy, just make sure you test them before putting the covers back on, LEDs can actually be put in backwards.
Please explain your "backwards" comment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought this kit on Amazon and have no complaints. It came with (19) lights in total all for $29. They are a nice 'white' color and bright.

It included all interior as well as the rear cargo, license plate, and reverse lights.

Toyota Tundra Xenon White LED Package Upgrade - Interior + License plate / Tag + Vanity / Sun Visor + Reverse / Backup (19 pieces)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010R672A2/ref=pe_244340_242082750_em_1p_0_ti

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
I would love if someone would make a neutral tint LED for these applications

I went with the HR kit and I will say, it does have a touch of blue tint and the vanity mirrors have a lot of blue tint

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.