Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Do u have the tow package? The headlight adjustment is there to lower headlights when towing so you're not blinding people

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm assuming so. It came from the factory with all the wiring and plugs in the back end... it has the tow/haul thingy at the end of the shifter on my column... all I had to do was add a brake controller and the right size ball hitch and I was ready to hook up my trailer and go. :)

Starr

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have it on my 1794. Also, my buddy has a SR5 doublecab with the TSS or TRD package and he has it as well.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have it. SR5 and SR5 upgrade. I'd say its a 4wd thing maybe. Cause I think being a 4wd you get the tow package and light leveler.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
It is very possible the plant missed installing that plug in and instead put a cover on it.

Believe it or not, my 2009 new corolla did not have the traction control button to push in on the left side either. I swear upon delivery there was suppose to be one and the sales guy never saw it either. Missed at the plant, missed upon dealer inspection prior to sale, and missed by salesman explaining traction control when they sold it to us.

I had to go back to dealer 1 week later to get the button installed. Maybe the plant missed it since if your is a SR5 or above, it should have it I bet.

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,609 Posts
I'm in Canada, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference.
It has to be a Canada thing, maybe a vehicle code. We know it's on Dc and CrewMax. It's not a TRD thing as I have no TRD It's not a 4X4 thing as I have a 4X2. It's not a Limited and up thing as I have an SR5. It's not an SR5 upgrade thing because although I do have that, as you can see here on my window sticker, it is listed as a standard feature. So it's a Canada thing. Sucks to be you Canada! :lol5:

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ya, check your window sticker to see if its listed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't have a window sticker, the dealer took that off when they prepped the truck for delivery.

But I do have the book that compares the different models and what comes standard on each and with each package.

For the Double Cab, the adjustable headlamp levelling system is only standard on the Ltd model.
Its not in the SR5 package, or the SR5 Plus package. It IS in the TRD package.

For the CrewMax, the adjustable headlamp levelling system is only standard on the Ltd and Platinum models.
Its not in the SR5 Plus package, but is in the TRD package.

As far as the towing package goes, all the Tundra models except the double cab 4.6L come standard with the heavy duty tow hitch receiver, 4 pin/7pin trailer wire harness, electronic trailer brake control connector, class IV weight distribution trailer hitch.

So this explains why my truck doesn't have the levelling headlights, but does have the tow package. My truck just has the SR5 package, no SR5 plus and no TRD (those packages both had stuff in them I actively did not want).

Judging from the window stickers above, I guess the packages are different in the US and Canada?

Starr

·
Registered
339 Posts
And my truck is just an SR5 with SR5 upgrade. But I have it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts