Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Computer (MPG), Clock, radio, controls (AC) etc. will not light up when the head lights are turned on. Furthermore, the computer clock and radio light perfectly until headlights are activitated---then all go black.

I've checked all the fuses both underhood and in the kickpanel and all are OK. I actually doublechecked the fuses with an ohm meter just to make sure there wasn't a bad fuse that couldn't be detected visually---nothing!

Is there another fuse somewhere that may control the lighting??

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Stupid question but did you check the dimmer dial to the left of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Supposedly, the lighting is computer controlled. You truck may not be set to have them on with the parking lights. Take it to the dealer and have them check the programming on the lights with the Techstream. You should check your rheostat before though, to make sure its turned all the way up...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rheostat is all the way up---I've tried it in several positions and no change.
This is a new problem. Everything worked perfectly until today.

·
Banned
945 Posts
Sounds like dealer time to mine I would not even waist my time just take
it to the stealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lighting problems

Well, off to the dealer on Monday. The dealer could not find the problem and consulted with Toyota. Tuesday the dealer called and reported that Toyota said to replace the instrument cluster. Wouldn't expect this from a truck with 1900 miles!!! Hopefully this will solve the problem and not add to the misery!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know this was long time ago.. but do you remember what the problem was with your interior lights not working? Mine have been doing the same thing and cant figure it out. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I know this was long time ago.. but do you remember what the problem was with your interior lights not working? Mine have been doing the same thing and cant figure it out. thanks for any help.
Haven't put an aftermarket radio in recently have you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
No.. nothing aftermarket. I fixed the problem today and it was the gauge cluster. something gets burned out inside. I went to a junk yard and started testing/replacing parts and it was the gauges. All works properly now. thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts