Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Tundra sr5 crew max. It has the non jbl, non nav entune head unit. I have found a stock entune nav head unit from another tundra. my concern is, does my truck have the hardware to support the nav system? or would I have to purchase additional items to make it work? Also, will the head unit that I'm purchasing require some sort of unlock code?

thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
How much are you paying?

I would consider going aftermarket if you want nav, CarPlay and Android auto are so much better

But there is no unlock code in the stock units that I have ever heard of

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
As long as the replacement is also a non-JBL unit, it is plug and play, no other equipment needed. You will however need the VIN from a truck that originally came from the factory with Nav to install the Entune app on your phone to make the apps like Pandora work on the new head unit. Ask the seller for the VIN from the donor truck.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a 2017 Tundra sr5 crew max. It has the non jbl, non nav entune head unit. I have found a stock entune nav head unit from another tundra. my concern is, does my truck have the hardware to support the nav system? or would I have to purchase additional items to make it work? Also, will the head unit that I'm purchasing require some sort of unlock code?

thanks for the help!
Yes it's plug and play, I have done it on my 2015 Sr5. I was gonna go aftermarket route but I prefer OEM look don't care about apple play/android auto. OEM head units come with Pandora and I heart app and that's what I was looking for. Also your cluster will show turn by turn when using navigation. Make sure it's non jbl head unit though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies guys! I was hoping I wouldn't have to install some sort of GPS antennae or anything else! And it shows turn by turn in the gage cluster!? That's interesting Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.