Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
As for your picture of the swastikas, I cannot comment on it. I know too little about the source of your pictures, and the symbolism they were trying to display at the time. I feel (and this is completely without and basis of knowledge) that I can think of no valid reason to display the swastikas, that is I can think of no organization or group not associated with hate who currently associate themselves with the swastikas.

I sense an off topic thread about to be closed. It surprised me it lasted this long :eek:
That's the point. Individual perception and what you portray to others. If you saw me flying two flags, one being old glory and the other with a swastika, you immediately think of some type of hate group like Nazis. But in truth, none of those symbols are Nazi symbols. The swastika has been around for 3000+ years before the Nazis ever used it. It was found in native American culture. That picture of the basketball team with the swastikas is a group of native Americans, not Nazis. The swastika is also a religious symbol to about a billion Hindus. It means hope or luck. So while I might be displaying it to mean one thing, you perceive it as another. Same thing with the Confederate flag. He might be displaying it as cultural heritage, others might perceive it as hateful, and some others might see it as un-American. If you are OK with people seeing you as any of the above, then fly the flags with pride.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Wow you learn something every day. The first symbol I had no clue and I couldn't say anything about it. The seond with the team I was thinking it's possibly a school emblem so I disregarded it. The last symbol I only known it as a German symbol. It could be related to WWII but it's also a marking for one of their squadrons of aircraft out of the Nato base in Sig Sicily. So that's where my thought went to the A/C.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts