Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed a non JBL Navigation Entune radio out of a 2013 Tundra into my 2003 Tundra. My 2003 is a non-JBL truck, but with tweeters in the door and a separate amp. The wiring from the amp to the radio would not work, but once I disconnected and removed the amp, the wiring that went to the amp plugged right into the new radio. It was a simple install once I was able to piece together all of the information needed to make this work. Hopefully this will help; I know if all of this had been in one place it would have been much easier.
• The radio- Toyota installed this radio in the 2012-2013 Tundras. They also had a radio in a car that looked just like this, but not sure if it is the same.
• You will need the VIN number from the truck it came out of to register the radio on the Toyota Entune site.
• You will need the Toyota Entune app on your smart phone and a data plan. The Entune apps work off of your phone’s data plan.
• You will need a VSS/ reverse (K6) connector to make the navigation work. My speed sensor wire (access cab, V8, 4WD) was behind the glove box. My reverse wire was behind the diver’s side kick panel. I am not sure if hooking up the reverse wire is necessary, but I did it anyway. The VSS plug on the K6 connector is the center wire. Tahir Mallick, [email protected] can supply the K6 connector. You can find the location of these wires at Crutchfield.com
• Nav antenna- I purchased a used one off of eBay.
• Microphone- Toyota part number PT546-74120-MC. I bought this from Toyota of Newnan. Great prices, got my mic very fast. If you need a mic kit with a switch, Carson Toyota sells a JDM mic kit 86750-44020.
• I found a Toyota USB interface kit on eBay- PT233-47100. It did not work with this radio, but gave me the USB/AUX port and cable. I found another Toyota wiring harness (PT546-00120-US) that would connect the USB interface kit harness and port to the radio. I did have to grind one little tab off. I am not sure if this is really needed and if you had to buy these parts new, I think it would be too expensive. The actual interface box is not needed; maybe someone knows the number for just the harness. The USB/AUX port part number is 86190-0C020.

·
Registered
179 Posts
USB port for iPod

I need to ask you, do you use an iPod on that USB port? If so, does it work for the iPod functions, or is it only charging the iPod ? And would you possibly have any pics of those parts you listed in the last section of your post? Many of doing the non-JBL NAV swap are searching for the answer to get the iPod control working again.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I use a iPhone 5 with the USB port and all functions work. You can control the iPhone either through the touch screen on the radio or the phone. I have not tried an iPod, but it should work as well. Attached is a picture of the wiring harness (not sure if you can buy it separate) and the USB/Aux port.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Looks like that harness is part of some other kit to add USB to a Camry or other Toyota? Was that harness you trimmed part of a kit that came with another little electronic box? If it was, do you by chance still have the box and/or the packaging or instructions? Maybe somewhere in there would be a part number for just the harness...

Scion SNS 200 HU installed - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

I'll put this link and pic in the other thread and maybe somebody else will also know about it.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The interface kit was for a Prius and the PT546 harness was for a Scion, it was not part of a kit, but I think it was made to use with several other items for scion radios. Unfortunately the Prius kit did not list the wiring harness separate. Maybe someone with Toyota connections can come up with a part number. I searched, but was unable to find one. I wish Toyota would make things a little easier on us. Scion has a lot of options for people that want to swap radios around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts