Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I installed a set of white (SKU: 60631) Rigid Industries Ignite Flush Mount Diffused on my 17 CM. I spent a decent amount of time deliberating on installing a larger light. However I felt these were adequate and I am glad I went with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I like them...
Did you just tap into your OEM backup light wiring?
Also, how big was the hole you had to drill into the bumper?

Thanks..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like them...

Did you just tap into your OEM backup light wiring?

Also, how big was the hole you had to drill into the bumper?

Thanks..

Yes I tapped them into the backup lights, I believe I did 1 3/4” or 2” hole, I can’t 100% recall. It was pretty simple, especially if you got the replacement metal bumper ends.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pretty sweet. RIGID makes quality stuff

I really wanted a white set of flush lights and Rigid Ind. we’re the only ones manufacturing this type. It’s perfect application for backup lights.

·
Registered
73 Posts
As the title states, I installed a set of white (SKU: 60631) Rigid Industries Ignite Flush Mount Diffused on my 17 CM. I spent a decent amount of time deliberating on installing a larger light. However I felt these were adequate and I am glad I went with them.

They look great dsharvey! Did you have to hook up any additional power to them, or the tapping into existing backup lights was sufficient? I think it would be an added bonus to be able to put them on manually while hooking up a trailer. Dual purpose.

I guess if you install 4, then you can use two for reverse, and 2 for aux type lighting on a switch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They look great dsharvey! Did you have to hook up any additional power to them, or the tapping into existing backup lights was sufficient? I think it would be an added bonus to be able to put them on manually while hooking up a trailer. Dual purpose.
No additional power, simply tapped into backup lights the lights only use less than an amp.
I don't tow that often, however if I needed to I could wire up a relay and a switch in the cab at any point, just at the moment I don't need to.

I do plan on adding some lighting for the bed, and that will have a switch located in the bed as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No additional power, simply tapped into backup lights the lights only use less than an amp.
I don't tow that often, however if I needed to I could wire up a relay and a switch in the cab at any point, just at the moment I don't need to.

I do plan on adding some lighting for the bed, and that will have a switch located in the bed as well.
Great idea! Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Yes I tapped them into the backup lights, I believe I did 1 3/4” or 2” hole, I can’t 100% recall. It was pretty simple, especially if you got the replacement metal bumper ends.
Thank you..

I've got some fairly bright LED reverse bulbs in my tail lights.
I'm thinking about mounting those Rigids in the plastic in the middle of the bumper, about where your sensors are.
I'd rather not drill into my chrome bumper.

I can see this happening sometime this summer....:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you..

I've got some fairly bright LED reverse bulbs in my tail lights.

I'm thinking about mounting those Rigids in the plastic in the middle of the bumper, about where your sensors are.

I'd rather not drill into my chrome bumper.

I can see this happening sometime this summer....:D

I originally was going to place them there, however I tested that area along with the area I ultimately placed them. From my test I preferred the bumper. Good luck, it’s one of my favorite mods.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Looks good but I'm assuming the stock reverse lights draw 1A? The Rigid's say 12A each just a caution for people going to add more than 2.

Well their web site is conflicting so I don't know what is right. Their specifications say 12A but the text says less than 1A. I'm going to assume it is less than 1A since the flood and spot are less.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good but I'm assuming the stock reverse lights draw 1A? The Rigid's say 12A each just a caution for people going to add more than 2.

Well their web site is conflicting so I don't know what is right. Their specifications say 12A but the text says less than 1A. I'm going to assume it is less than 1A since the flood and spot are less.

Where did you read that? Did you mean 12 Watts?
Just a little simple math I = P / V = 12 Watts/ 12 VDC / = 1 amp

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I thinking about just buying one of these and mounting to the right of the license plate just opposite of the trailer light plug.

My SR5 bumper doesn't have sensors and thought about mounting two of them where the sensors are in the plastic.
I'd rather not drill into my chrome bumpers to mount them like @dsharvey08 did.
Although if I had plastic bumpers ends, I would do exactly what he did.

My LED back up bulbs are pretty bright, but by design they direct light off to the side.
I'm thinking one of the Rigid Ignites mounted by the plate will brighten up the area directly behind the pickup.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thinking about just buying one of these and mounting to the right of the license plate just opposite of the trailer light plug.

My SR5 bumper doesn't have sensors and thought about mounting two of them where the sensors are in the plastic.

I'd rather not drill into my chrome bumpers to mount them like @dsharvey08 did.

Although if I had plastic bumpers ends, I would do exactly what he did.

My LED back up bulbs are pretty bright, but by design they direct light off to the side.

I'm thinking one of the Rigid Ignites mounted by the plate will brighten up the area directly behind the pickup.

Any thoughts?

I was contemplating putting there, I have both a black and white set, but I preferred the location I installed at. It’s very easy to access the location near the license plate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts