Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already put Bilstein 6112's set at the top setting in front and 5160's in back. Up until my first conversation with David at Ekstrom Design who BTW is awesome I thought my truck was perfectly level, well I was wrong. My driver side front actually sat 1/2" lower than the passenger side causing my passenger side rear to be a 1/2" higher than the driver side rear. Davids plan had me put two CB shims on the front driver side and 1 shim on the front passenger side. I opted to go with the CB Plus 2 shackles in the rear. It could not have turned out more perfect. My truck sits perfectly level which is the look I was going for with a dead perfect 41" all the way around, I couldn't be happier. It took a few of us rookies about 5 hours total to do and that including being interrupted for a meeting mid-day. I also installed a Wheelers Off Road front differential drop kit and JB welded the spacers on my skid plate. I was a little disappointed my new wheels and tires did not arrive today but they will be in Monday and I will post better pictures then. In the meantime here she is in all her glory.

Attachments

Reactions: trollrapala

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I already put Bilstein 6112's set at the top setting in front and 5160's in back.
Just curious but what was your total gain with 6112 on top setting and 2 shims on drivers side. Before and after numbers? I went middle setting and 2 CB shims and was a little underwhelmed at my gain.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 17 pro and installed the +2 in the back and 2 shims each side and the truck is on 275/70/18 ridge grapplers.
Rear driver sits: 40 15/16"
Front driver sits: 39 3/4"
Rear passenger sits: 40 5/8"
Front passenger sits: 39 5/8"

There is almost a half inch difference in the rear from driver to passenger. I thought the tire pressure could make a difference but it's almost a half inch difference from the top of the tire to the fender.

Good looking truck by the way!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I already put Bilstein 6112's set at the top setting in front and 5160's in back. Up until my first conversation with David at Ekstrom Design who BTW is awesome I thought my truck was perfectly level, well I was wrong. My driver side front actually sat 1/2" lower than the passenger side causing my passenger side rear to be a 1/2" higher than the driver side rear. Davids plan had me put two CB shims on the front driver side and 1 shim on the front passenger side. I opted to go with the CB Plus 2 shackles in the rear. It could not have turned out more perfect. My truck sits perfectly level which is the look I was going for with a dead perfect 41" all the way around, I couldn't be happier. It took a few of us rookies about 5 hours total to do and that including being interrupted for a meeting mid-day. I also installed a Wheelers Off Road front differential drop kit and JB welded the spacers on my skid plate. I was a little disappointed my new wheels and tires did not arrive today but they will be in Monday and I will post better pictures then. In the meantime here she is in all her glory.

Hell yeah...it'll drive better too

·
Registered
272 Posts
OP, what was the thinking with doing two driver side shims and one on passenger as opposed to one or maybe two on driver side and none on passenger?

Curious because I have one on driver side and none on passenger after starting with one on each side. Had the same amount of lean in each set up. Not sure I want to go thru that process again if its not going to get any better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just curious but what was your total gain with 6112 on top setting and 2 shims on drivers side. Before and after numbers? I went middle setting and 2 CB shims and was a little underwhelmed at my gain.

I never measured before I installed the 6112's so I really cannot give you an over all gain but I will say the 2 shims on the driver side gave me a little over an inch while the single shim on the passenger side brought it up about a half inch. I am actually blown away how doing this combo along with the + 2 rear shackles even the stance out so perfect, I had to measure it a couple times.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Overall I wouldn't change a thing about my suspension setup here is another picture. Currently I am running Moto Metal 970's 18 x 9 with Cooper Discoverer AT3's 275 70 R18. I just ordered a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers mounted on Fuel Trophy rims. I like my current rims however with my de-chrome I didn't want anything shiny on the truck. I'm a little apprehensive about the new tires as I have been running the Coopers on my last two trucks and absolutely love them but my tire guy said I should try the Ridge Grapplers this go round so I did.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OP, what was the thinking with doing two driver side shims and one on passenger as opposed to one or maybe two on driver side and none on passenger?

Curious because I have one on driver side and none on passenger after starting with one on each side. Had the same amount of lean in each set up. Not sure I want to go thru that process again if its not going to get any better.
I don't think it's necessarily any better just personal preference. My end goal was just to have a 3/1 lift rather then just level. Plus I knew I wanted CB shackles in the rear to stiffen up the rear end even though I am running a Helwig sway bar they complement each other and that stiffer rear end will help keep power to the ground when my SC get's installed next week. At the end of the day as crazy as it sounds the extra inch I got out of the process makes a difference to me in how I wanted my truck to look. All personal preference, like everyone on here we all have a vision of what we want out of our trucks to be.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My new wheels and tires came in yesterday. Fuel Trophy !8 X 9 + 20 with 275 70 18R Terra Ridge Grapplers. Jury is still out but I think I should of stayed with my Cooper AT3's. Ride is good with the Ridge Grapplers but I just like the stiffer side wall the Coopers provide.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
So to clarify and simplify a but. You have 6112s at highest setting on the front? Normal set 5160s in the back along with CB plus 2 shackles?
Then you added the shims to reach perfection?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So to clarify and simplify a but. You have 6112s at highest setting on the front? Normal set 5160s in the back along with CB plus 2 shackles?
Then you added the shims to reach perfection?
Yes as far as a the level stance I was looking for. What I meant by perfection is that all four corners ended up being the same height within a 1/16th of an inch of each other I was just surprised how close they ended up. A lot of variables but I triple checked everything (mainly in disbelief) including tire pressure and sure enough I measured 41" all the way around

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.