Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my original plan was to do the complete OME setup front and rear with 614's and UCA. Didn't want to drop the $$$ for that setup so figured I'd do a little at a time.

Order the Ebay SpringForce 3/2 billet kit w/degree shims, add a leaf and diff drop. Picked up the rear OME shocks from Sierra and ordered Coach's +3 shackles.

Product impressions:
Spring force kit seems to be solid. Nice finish. The factory U-bolts will not work with this kit. I had to run out and buy new, longer ones.

Coach's shackles are built like a tank. Finish is excellent. Packaging was beautiful.

OME shocks are really yellow. Attaching pics.

Oh yea, the tires are big. Removed mud flaps and did inner fender mod. Slight rub on body mount in certain downhill 3/4 lock turns. Ride is excellent. Alignment coming Monday.

Still planning on doing OME fronts eventually. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but here goes.

Edited to add - I guess title should say level kit and not lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Very nice. Looks like you still got a little rake with the AAL and shackles. It looks nice and aggressive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice. Looks like you still got a little rake with the AAL and shackles. It looks nice and aggressive.
A lot of rake. Can't remember my measurements but got approx 4" lift in front with lift + tires and 3.75" in rear.

This is kind of what I was going for. A factory look, just better. Maybe the OME up front will give a little more lift.

Reactions: muzik

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very nice dude, I agree, the rake makes it look good.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
very nice...looks awsome

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
so I am very new to all this so I pre apologize for my questions but explain what OME and Rake are as used above.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Truck looks awesome.

so I am very new to all this so I pre apologize for my questions but explain what OME and Rake are as used above.

OME (Old Man Emu: Old Man Emu - 4x4 Suspension by ARB)
This is an excellent system: I am planning eventually to go this route.

Rake: from factory the rear of the truck is about 2 inches higher than the front. Some people hate this rake and 'level' their truck by raising their front end.

Reactions: muzik

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
Lookin good :thumbsup: So they do rub with the wheel spacers? Just wondering because I picked up some 35x12.50x20 Mickey Thompson ATZ's and don't know whether to wait and get new wheels or install em and get some 1.5" spacers..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lookin good :thumbsup: So they do rub with the wheel spacers? Just wondering because I picked up some 35x12.50x20 Mickey Thompson ATZ's and don't know whether to wait and get new wheels or install em and get some 1.5" spacers..
Yea they rubbed the front inner fender at 3/4 full lock and the body mount. Trimmed front liner so no more rub there. Adding coach's shackles helped with body mount rub and now only get that when turning downhill. If I had another .5" of lift up front it looks like it would clear body mount.

Also, it depends on the dimensions of the Mickey Thompson's. I believe my Nittos are 35.5"

Reactions: JOSH 5.7
1 - 14 of 14 Posts