Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally Installed and really liking it , will take some more pictures when the weather breaks. All seems good except for my dash that is lite up like a christmas tree, during lift install my abs sensors in front were coroded and broke during removal which i replaced $277 each i might add. I already read before on here about the yaw sensor and the zero point calibration,the place that installed it did a bit of resaech as well and said he already did recalibrate it. The abs light, traction control symbol stays on.VSC off, 4 hi 4 lo flashing. Is this going to be a dealer issue , any advice where i can start looking? I am going to start reading again. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Sorry no help on your issues but the truck looks great

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Check the wires to the abs sensors in the front, they are tiny and easy to break while taking the suspension apart or replacing the sensor, if you find it broken just solder back together and your good to go. Those are the exact lights I had in in my Tacoma when I snapped one of he wires doing some work under it when I forgot to un bolt the wire clamp. You have to cut the factory loom off the harness to look at the wires.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got it into Toyota they hooked it up and said it is the abs wire, which is what i read on here that was said it probably to be. They had to order it and i should know more details in the next couple days, hopefully problem solved. Here is a couple more pics, i am really happy with the way it turned out, looking up side steps now.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking about those power steps just not sure how they would hold up in the winter with salt and ice, you get much of a winter there? I was leaning towards the N Fabs in either blk textured or stainless , not sure if the stainless would be to much bling even though my door handles and mirrors are chrome, but again the stainless wont rust.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
I run the mountain passes a lot here in the winters and with all the sand and road salts they use here I haven't had any issues. The motors are all sealed up nicely and the rest of the hardware is either powder coated or stainless. Just gotta throw some oil in the moving parts every now and again.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dealer installed ABS wire with no fix now saying it is ABS actuator $$. I started post in the Tundra problem section explaining the whole scenario, if anyone has some suggestions on the best place to get one or any other suggestions to try please let me know. Thks.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Disconnect your battery for at least 15 minutes that will reset your computer of all the flashing lights.

I did try that but nothing, the lights are on as soon as i turn the key and stay on. I am away at work now for a bit but looking like i will be buying that abs actuator sometime next week, i sure hope that it is the problem.Will post my findings. Thanks

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Truck looks great man....
Just wondering what local shop you used for the install...and what were they charging for the install if you dont mind sharing...

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Installer was APJ Automotive in Sackville, I found them from the Zone website which they are a distributor of. They have been really good to deal with and the install went well, I still have the ABS problem but they have been very helpful in trying to sort it out.As of now we found a place in Ontario that will rebuild my ABS actuator and will sent it up to them sometime in the next few weeks when i can go without my truck for a bit. Will post results.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Truck looks great man....
Just wondering what local shop you used for the install...and what were they charging for the install if you dont mind sharing...
I PMed you a few different times have you received them? Thks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
what is the measurement from the ground to the bottom of the box?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts