Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so me and a friend of mine installed a 3/1 leveling kit on my Tundra last night. First I will say, it was a little harder than we anticipated. At least the first side was, lol! Hardest part was getting the strut with the new 3" block back in, it was such a TIGHT fit.

anyway, point of this thread is, I ended up not putting the 1" in the back. With just the front done, it sits perfectly level, adding the 1" in the back, would just put the rake back in and I wanted a level look.

Has anyone else noticed this to be true or am I just a one of a kind? Wonder why if the 3" in the front levels it, why theyd include a 1" for the rear in a "leveling" kit

·
Registered
46 Posts
:nopics:

Sorry, had to say it before somebody else did. :lol5:

G

·
The 3" does completely level it out. The 1" block creates a 1" of rake. Not really noticeable. But it is better than the 3" of rake from the factory. Also mind you if you use the bed of you truck at all being completely level... you then will have the rake to the rear, thus possibly causing steering issues and what not. I used the block for my truck. I keep my toolbox mounted in the bed of my truck and I use my truck... if you want to be completely level and aren't going to be towing or hauling stuff in the bed you'll be fine. But if you tow and have enough tongue weight or put enough weight in the bed of your truck... you'll be looking at the sky and have sloppier steering, braking, and traction in the front.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I ran my level kit with just the front and no rear block. I liked the way it looked but when I towed anything, it would squat the rear and looked horrible IMO. Ended up getting Coach's +3 shackles because I wanted the rack there so when towing it would be level. But now I think it has to much rake when not towing. Time for some OME in the front and lose the spacer.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think the factory 3" take is too much. The 3/1 kit basically gives you 1" of rake, which I think looks perfect. Especially if you ever put any in or ever tow a trailer. With 1" of rake a full bed of wood put my truck right at level. Should have taken a picture of it full. I think Toyota overcompensated with 3".

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I notice mine sits a little lower in back with full tank of gas

YMMV

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Just wait till you tow something, then you'll understand what the block is for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts