Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm in the process of getting some suspension work done on my '10 4x4 CM and wonder what I'd expect the labor cost for installing King OEM front coilovers, King rear resivoir (sp) shocks, and Camburg UCA's, also, getting a set of Coachbuilder's 3" shackles put on.

I'm currently running a 3/1 readylift level kit and am ready for a smoother ride but want to keep the height that I'm currently running. I've priced parts from downsouth motorsports and with their forum discount, no sales tax, and free shipping I can get the parts for almost $400 cheaper from them instead of thru the shop I'm looking at to do the install. I plan on going that route to save the $400, but am curious as to what labor costs should be to install everything. Parts and labor from the shop I'm looking at is around $3600, $2900 for the parts, and around $510 for labor, with $250 for sales tax, and some shop costs rounding everything off.

If you ran an install shop, would you be upset/offended if somebody came in with the parts, and just wanted you to do the install? what's everybody think:confused:

· Registered
746 Posts
Where are you located at? Contact bjowett for pricing on the kings, I got the best pricing from him.

As far as install, why not do it yourself? I ended up doing my install myself in a day. Plus you can save some money and get that satisfaction of doing it yourself.

· Premium Member
699 Posts
I'm looking at doing the same setup, I'm here in Phoenix. Still looking for best pricing on the KINGS.

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking at doing the same setup, I'm here in Phoenix. Still looking for best pricing on the KINGS.
Downsouth motorsports have given me the best price on parts, and since I do live in Tucson, it may be easier to find a reputable shop near there (somebody on the forum told me of a good shop in Chandler) to do it the install when I get back from my deployment.

Yes, it would be awesome to do the install myself, but that's not happening:eek:. is bjowett a forum member?!?!

· Banned
5,424 Posts
I called 4 wheel parts here in vegas and they said $100 for install new coilovers, which surprised me cause they r usually expensive. It should take a good shop only about an hr to do it. Then add for alignment which should b another $100. Plus tax ofcourse

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Premium Member
699 Posts
What's the forum discount that Downsouth Motorsports offers?

There's a few good shops up here in the Phoenix area that could install them no problem. I've always done mine myself though... pretty straight forward... and then I take it to my alignment shop afterwards.

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's the forum discount that Downsouth Motorsports offers?

There's a few good shops up here in the Phoenix area that could install them no problem. I've always done mine myself though... pretty straight forward... and then I take it to my alignment shop afterwards.
email them for forum member pricing, as im sure they don't like to advertise. I just emailed them a few questions about the parts i wanted, and mentioned I was a tundra forum member. they advertise on their site that they give discounts

· Premium Member
699 Posts
Awesome, thanks!

Reactions: Raven976
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.