Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
@Uncle_Charlie - I really liked the video...thanks for posting. I got my Associate Degree in Automobile Technology at a community college after I retired and took an auto trans class like this where you tear down and rebuild a trans. It was one of the more difficult courses. We tested on a dyno set-up just like this.

This guy in the video seems like an exceptional instructor and he was doing it all from a wheel chair. His students are fortunate to have him. I looked at some of his other video's and they're all good - this one is about the history of Toyota auto transmissions and fluids. Amazing info if you have the patience to sit through it....

Buckaroo

·
Premium Member
4,839 Posts
Dodge trans designers should watch this vid and perhaps learn something
nah, they said phuck it and went to ZF and just bought a good one 0:)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
nah, they said phuck it and went to ZF and just bought a good one 0:)
They're running Aisin on the better Dodge trucks... :)

The 2500 and 3500 still primarily have RAM transmissions. Except you can get the Aisin tranny on the High Output Cummins. You can't get the RAM tranny on the High Output Cummins. It won't handle it. :)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
@Uncle_Charlie - I really liked the video...thanks for posting. I got my Associate Degree in Automobile Technology at a community college after I retired and took an auto trans class like this where you tear down and rebuild a trans. It was one of the more difficult courses. We tested on a dyno set-up just like this.

This guy in the video seems like an exceptional instructor and he was doing it all from a wheel chair. His students are fortunate to have him. I looked at some of his other video's and they're all good - this one is about the history of Toyota auto transmissions and fluids. Amazing info if you have the patience to sit through it....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t73jM6mT8sU

Buckaroo
Great video. He goes into detail why the Valvoline transmission fluid shouldn't be used at all.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Great video. He goes into detail why the Valvoline transmission fluid shouldn't be used at all.
Yes. I just posted the video on a Camry Forum on which I participate. Folks there love Valvoline MaxLife. Should be a great conversation starter....

Buckaroo

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Yes. I just posted the video on a Camry Forum on which I participate. Folks there love Valvoline MaxLife. Should be a great conversation starter....

Buckaroo
I never considered it. I use the Aisin fluid. thanks for sharing the video.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts