Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a newb, but I did a serach and couldn't exactly find pics...

My 22in Monsters on 285/50-22 Terra Grapps rub the driver side inner fender on hard right reverse. Many of you are familiar, I'm sure. The tiny mud flap has been removed long ago...when I first got my 20in Rockstars on 305/55-20 last year.

How exactly do I do the fender mod and how is it supposed to look after? Pics and a brief explanation are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did it this weekend. Worked great!!

However, plastic liner did not attach to the bumper in the same way as in the HOW TO. I basically just did the same thing though. Remove bolts, trim plastic with utility knife, drill new holes, re-insert bolts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did it this weekend. Worked great!!

However, plastic liner did not attach to the bumper in the same way as in the HOW TO. I basically just did the same thing though. Remove bolts, trim plastic with utility knife, drill new holes, re-insert bolts.
OK, so that's my problem. What am I looking at here? I can't find anything in the front of my truck that exactly resembles that. Am I underneath looking straight up? Or am I looking at it from the side?

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you have a 2011 it looks nothing like these pictures. Crawl under the truck and look at the front fender liner where it attaches to the bottom of the front bumper. There are 2 small screws that hold the liner in place to the bottom of the bumper. Remove the inside screw, push the liner away from the tire, mark and drill a new hole, trim the liner and put screw back in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2011-2013 Front Fender MOD

I have seen a lot of confusion based on 350Z's excellent 2010-2007 Tundra fender mod. thread.

The problem and confusion lies because the front bumper was changed for 2011-2013 Toyota Tundra's. I'd like to start a separate thread on a 2011-2013 front fender mod. I have been working with numerous suspension companies, local 4 wheel shops, and tire shops to address the issues running larger tires on these model years.

I have a 2012 Crewmax 4x4 Base model with 2.5" front lift and 1" rear lift. I absolutely hate any kind of tire rub what so ever. I'm a self proclaimed protectionist and I see a lot of guys and gals chopping and cutting fenders, bumpers, skid plates and whatever else trying to fit their very expensive tires into 2011-2013 model years.

Toyota Tundra's unfortunately where never engineered to be lifted no matter what we all think. With that being said modifying these trucks can be a little tricky if you want to maintain a factory look and ride.

I'm actually trying to fit probably the largest possible tire size I can with my current setup. Toyo AT2's 285/75R18. FN wheels 9x18 12mm offset. These are 34.8 tires.

I have been having issues with rubbing on the front bumper and I mean the actual chrome bumper not the plastic mud guard. So I need your help to figure out what the best solution is to my dilemma. I will provide pictures of the process and feedback to any of you that are looking for a real solution that maintains a clean factory look.

Let's get something going here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts