Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone that has this CAI intake setup? I searched it but couldn't find anything on here about it other than it has a whistle to it. I've had their products in the past and loved them but not to sure how they work in trucks. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It works great. Like you said it does have a whistle. I have the in the fender intake. They make two different ones, one inside the fenderwell and one with an airbox inside the engine compartment. You also have a choice of two filters an oiled filter or an Amsoil dry which is rated for 25k miles. I choose the dry as changing the filter on the fenderwell model requires you to take out the fenderwell lining to get to it. Its a very well designed product.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It works great. Like you said it does have a whistle. I have the in the fender intake. They make two different ones, one inside the fenderwell and one with an airbox inside the engine compartment. You also have a choice of two filters an oiled filter or an Amsoil dry which is rated for 25k miles. I choose the dry as changing the filter on the fenderwell model requires you to take out the fenderwell lining to get to it. Its a very well designed product.
that is what I was looking at, hoping that the extended tube would keep, or even enhance the low end torque curve? Can you let me know if you lost any low end? I took my Volant out because of that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With it being in the fender is it completely safe from water? I live in FL and we get some pretty wet day here. I know when I had the injen on my car I had to be very careful with puddles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts