Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Si version of aFe's CAI? Have a local Craigslist that looks to be a great deal, just want to make sure it is worth anything before I pull the trigger.

Thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
Its a great CAI, they come with either an oiled (blue) or dry (pro dry) filter element. Go with the dry filter, its washable and wont foul your MAF sensor like the oiled ones can.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a great CAI, they come with either an oiled (blue) or dry (pro dry) filter element. Go with the dry filter, its washable and wont foul your MAF sensor like the oiled ones can.
How was the install? Similar complaints to the other aFe systems?

Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've got one. Install wasn't too bad, had a hard time getting the bolts in the box due to not being able to fit my hands in the small area...if you have one of those flexible screw drivers it'll work just fine.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Lol, i forgot about that bolt! It is kind of a tight fit but manageable. The fit and finish are top notch and all the bolt holes line up where they should. The instructions didnt say how to attatch the rubber seal to the air intake- it goes on the intake, not the truck body. I think some people struggled trying to put it on the truck body. None of those issues were a big deal and would not deter me from recommending it. The CAI Really dresses up the engine compartment and adds a throaty sound to the engine under acceleration. I was actually surprised at how loud it was under WOT, it sounded like an after market exhaust. I guess the stock airbox has some sort of anti resonating chamber or something?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lol, i forgot about that bolt! It is kind of a tight fit but manageable. The fit and finish are top notch and all the bolt holes line up where they should. The instructions didnt say how to attatch the rubber seal to the air intake- it goes on the intake, not the truck body. I think some people struggled trying to put it on the truck body. None of those issues were a big deal and would not deter me from recommending it. The CAI Really dresses up the engine compartment and adds a throaty sound to the engine under acceleration. I was actually surprised at how loud it was under WOT, it sounded like an after market exhaust. I guess the stock airbox has some sort of anti resonating chamber or something?
I have a low whistling noise right when I step on the gas pedal at low rpm. Have you had any whistling with your setup?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yep, thats what the big box hanging off the stock intake pipe is for.

No whistling here, few thousand miles on it now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
408 Posts
Now your right foot is gonna become mysteriously heavier!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts