Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the info button swap on my 2013 DC....did not work.

Is there a Toyota fix, such as a factory harness that is easily swapped in?

I would prefer to do that than the home made version.

Comments?????

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Basicly, what we are saying is you need to do your homework. All of us that got the switches and found it didn't work were like you , disappointed. We can lead you to the info, you need to make yourself do the work. Its not too hard.

All the info is in the thread. What you need to know the most is on or near page 14.

I was leery of taking the dash apart as well. Just like everone else that had to take their truck apart to put in the wires, I was happy I forced my self to do the speedo removal/ wire insertion. I learned a lot and was happier for it.

I know the truck is new and it feels like you are mollesting it, but its cool to have the info switches working like they are supposed to.

Give it a go and report back.

later

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The question is:

Does Toyota have a plug and play harness that accomplishes the same outcome?

I have restored cars for over 30 years, and I am not afraid to tackle it.

A factory solution would be cleaner.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
True. I was nervous about taking the dash apart but the step by step instructions are top notch. I was afraid I'd break the plastic but took my time and didn't force anything and am glad I did the mod. Only problem is the reset button does not work for those of us who did have to run the wires, so that makes me think there may be a third wire somewhere that was missed.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
True. I was nervous about taking the dash apart but the step by step instructions are top notch. I was afraid I'd break the plastic but took my time and didn't force anything and am glad I did the mod. Only problem is the reset button does not work for those of us who did have to run the wires, so that makes me think there may be a third wire somewhere that was missed.
I ran two wires and my reset works just fine. Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere.:dunno:

Reactions: Rockporter

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Could be. OkSlim ran his wires and had the same problem, so he redid it a couple of times and has the same problem.

Oh well, it just gives me one less button to play with while driving down the road.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
The question is:

Does Toyota have a plug and play harness that accomplishes the same outcome?

I have restored cars for over 30 years, and I am not afraid to tackle it.

A factory solution would be cleaner.
No, It would be a new cabin harness if you didn't want to run the two wires. A few grand

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Could be. OkSlim ran his wires and had the same problem, so he redid it a couple of times and has the same problem.

Oh well, it just gives me one less button to play with while driving down the road.
My reset doesn't work either. I don't care. I leave it on instantanious MPG all the time to help me drive like my grandfather")

Reactions: Rockporter
1 - 11 of 11 Posts