Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody come up with a part number for the info buttons that also includes a sonar button? Does it exist?

So far, I can only find 3 blanks with Sonar at the bottom, or 3 info buttons and no sonar.

My RW has factory sonar, and I see no reason to give it up to add the MPG info. I want it all!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
My 2012 RW had Sonar only. I replaced it with the following part 84977-0C090, Drive Monitor Switch. My display shows Miles to Empty, Instantaneous MPG, Avg MPG, temperature (C/F) and Sonar switch is still there. The switch from top to bottom "Info, Select Reset, Setup and Sonar". The Setup button does not work. It is part of the Limited gauge cluster.

It is very easy to replace. I recommend using a thin plastic panel removal tool or a cheaper option is a case knife insert it on the top and pry up slightly. I do not recommend using a screw driver. The wider case knife prevents damaging the plastic.

Reactions: Faldodib

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reactions: Faldodib

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS so much!
Switch ordered! I used toyotapartszone.com because they seemed to have the least intrusive checkout process.

·
Registered
164 Posts
THANKS so much!
Switch ordered! I used toyotapartszone.com because they seemed to have the least intrusive checkout process.
I put one in my 13 CM RW last month with all 4 buttons including the sonar (which I always leave engaged). Used a butter knife (delicately) to remove the old one and replaced it with the new one in 20 seconds. It's fun to play with and sort of pathetic when you get excited about getting >14mpg around town. However, I just put in the TRD dual exhaust and when you go for deep tones, the mpg drops below 10. I guess ya can't have it all :rolleyes:

Reactions: atl1glf

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you don't have the info button you can only see the temp I assume? You might want miles to empty, but you don't really want to know the mpg haha, unless you want to know how low you can get it! I think I have gotten it down to just over 2 mpg on an uphill onramp to the interstate!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a RW without power seats and I want the info buttons. I will soon be adding the factory sonar because it did not come on my 2010. So what im looking for is the info buttons WITH sonar but WITHOUT power seats. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sonar??

·
Registered
86 Posts
What is this sonar??

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
the sensors that beep letting you know your to close to an object

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
btw, Does anyone know how much it cost to add?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts