Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my new info buttons tonight in my SR5, so I had to add the two jumper wires. When I press the US/Met button, the temp changes between ferenheit and Celsius. Nothing else works. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Lets take a step back. Do you now have 8 wires coming from your info switch plug? These 2 wires that you added, do they ultimately go to the back of the insrument cluster?

The 2 wires that you added, did you just route them to the wire harness plug that is in between the info plug and the instrument cluster? Many of us that added th 2 wires skip this junction and take the 2 wires directly from the info switch plug to the instrument cluster plug.

It sounds to me from your brief discription that you have not completely terminated the 2 wires.

Check it out and report back.

KO

·
Registered
50 Posts
Follow directions

The other Tundra website has a great pictoral how to as far as wiring. Just make sure the wires are in the correct spots then make sure they are connected all the way into the plugs. The mistake I made was not securing the harness well enough and my wires would come out when the harnesses were pushed back into place. I didn't use crimped pin connectors, I used single thread wire and folded it, stuffed it into the correct plugs and had my neighbor/electrican dude secure the harnesses with zip ties to stay in place. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lets take a step back. Do you now have 8 wires coming from your info switch plug? These 2 wires that you added, do they ultimately go to the back of the insrument cluster?

The 2 wires that you added, did you just route them to the wire harness plug that is in between the info plug and the instrument cluster? Many of us that added th 2 wires skip this junction and take the 2 wires directly from the info switch plug to the instrument cluster plug.

It sounds to me from your brief discription that you have not completely terminated the 2 wires.

Check it out and report back.

KO
I guess I really didn't give very much info in my original post. Yes, I have 8 wires in the harness that connects to the info buttons. I followed the directions in the post in the Master DIY thread, so the two wires I installed went between the J28 harness (the one that connects to the gauge cluster) and the JL1 harness (the one lower down to the left of the steering column). I really double checked my connections to make sure everything was seated properly, but I will check it again. thanks for the advice. I'll let you guys know what happens.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, took everything apart again, redid all of the connections, they are 100% tight, and still no change. The US/M button works, but nothing else does. WTF am I doing wrong??:banghead:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sorry I cant provide you any help but it was in 100% working order when i pulled it off and shipped to you. It was a simple plug and play thing for me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries man, I don't think you did anything shady

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
If you follow the original thread on this, you will find your mistake or you need to find another sets of eyes. No need to open another thread. It only makes for more confusion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts