Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have an '07 limited double cab with the 3/1 leveling kit. I have the 17" TRD wheels on it now but want to go to either 18" or 20" black rims if the 20" will fit. I've never bought after market rims so I need some help in figuring out what would be best. If anyone has any suggestions on a fair priced, well put together rim, that would be appreciated!

Also, I'd like the tire to stick just out of the wheel well. I've done a little reading about the offsets but it just confuses the hell outta me. What mm offset should I be looking at to achieve what I want? Also what size tire should I be looking at? 275, 285, 295?

I seen a Tundra just recently with Toyo open country tires in 285/70/R18 that I REALLY liked the looks of but couldn't figure out what kind of rims they had on it.

If anyone has any pictures of possibilities, please post them up!!

I'm sure this post sounds kindergarten but I have no idea really where to start and don't want to buy the wrong thing! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey,

I have 20" rims that ride on the Toyo open country and the size is 275/55R20..if that helps at all, currently working and dont have the offsets available at this time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2013 with 3/1 level kit and mine are 285s BF goodrich all terrains with NO problems at all with room for more. These wheels I have no idea the offset but I know they are not designed to push out away from the truck like you want. If you have a 3/1 I have heard and seen guys on here fit up to a 35 inch and or 305s with like 12mm offsets? it can be done and when In doubt check Discount Tire or a local tire shop they might even be able to Test mount a rim and tire for you to look at.

·
Registered
44 Posts
just FYI my 285s are like... 32 inches aprox so if other guys can fit 35 inch aka 305s then you should have a lot of choices to pick from instead of a select few to choose.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Tires sticking out = rocks and mud spraying the sides of your truck. Is the extra upkeep worth it to you? 12 or lower number for them to stick out.

·
Registered
297 Posts
20x9 w/+25 is what I have. They stick out about 1 inch.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I also would like some info on this. I just purchased a 275/70/18 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 - a great looking tire in my opinion, a hybrid between an all terrain and a mud tire according to MT.

I too am in the market for rims, 18x9's obviously. I'm thinking an offset of +25mm to +30mm will bring the tire out flush with the fender?

Not to hijack, but would appreciate an answer if possible!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I searched this Forum for God knows how long for the combo. I did the Gear alloys,18x9's +25 offset with 295/70 Nitto trails. Wanted a beefy tire. Not a huge rim. Like the look. Good luck man...glad I'm done!

Reactions: johncgold

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm looking at the Ultra Phantoms in 20" but it says the reccomended tires are only 275/55/20R with 30mm offset. Will that fill the wheel well? I just don't want to buy a smaller tire than what I have now! I'm running 285s now. Or will I be able to get a bigger tire for it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts