Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Tundra
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So today I was wiring an aftermarket reverse camera up to my headunit. For the pioneer, if I chose to put it in AV mode it would display the image but would not switch when going into reverse. I had wired my reverse gear signal to the blue wire in the passenger dash as I should and it wouldn't work. So I tried to see if just any old 12v would switch the camera mode. So I spliced a 12v source and it wouldn't display the camera unit I disconnected the wire.

Essentially I gave the gear signal a constant 12v source and once I took the wires apart it would turn the reverse signal on. So here's my F-UP.

In the midst of this I touched the 12v source to the outside of the headunit, heard a zap and now I need a new headunit. I heard the issue I started with is common on the pioneers.

So I'm in the market for a replacement that isn't horribly expensive. What would you recommend that has a crisper display and good features? I want something that will work well with my reverse camera.... Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
15,631 Posts
With the harness did you still need to wire the reverse input or were you able to just hook up the camera?
well, IDK... my camera is in the over head console.. but everything else was plug and play....

it does have two video inputs, but i think you will have to take the signal from the harness, if memory serves me correct its a purple and grey wire, purple being V+ and you'll have to solder that onto a RCA fitting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
+1 for more info on the Joying, lists as fitting for up to 06- Did you have to fab up something for a dash kit?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.