Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
in search of tire advise (edited - less wordy)

Hi all, I am looking to replace my factory tires before snow comes, and could use some insight...

Truck is a 2014 SR double cab 4x4 with 4.6L. tires are stock Michelin 255/70/18 112T. Currently at 34k miles. Truck is used for work and personal use. It has 600+ Lbs of equipment in it at any given time, gets used on the beach on a weekly basis 6-8 months a year, and it occasionally tows small work trailer and boat at 3,500 - 5000 lbs.

I'm concerned about bad weather / snow traction and emergency handling, I also need a tire that can handle the weight and work load, as well as be suitable for the beach. I'm not sure if LTs would provide any real benefit, or would be worth the comfort and weight trade offs. I'm also unsure about going with an AT or not. I like the look of ATs, and could use the extra traction off road occasionally. but I don't know how much of a handling and comfort trade off there will be..?

my next question is sizing. I want to go as big as possible (will help on the beach, and look better). my truck is completely stock, and I plan on keeping it that way for now. I will at least get 275/65/18 or 265/70/18. I have read that 275/70/18 or 285/65/18 will fit and that they wont. has any one added 275/70/18 or 285/65/18 on stock rim, and was there rubbing?

If any one has experience I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The 275's should fit just make sure you check for clearance when turning lock to lock. Don't worry about the load rating on the tires because that is such a light load a regular "P" rated tire will be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts