Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with the harbor freight 1/2" earthquake impact gun? I've read really good reviews somewhere, they claim 700 ft lbs. Frequently on sale for $70. Thinking of pulling the trigger soon.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear ya, but this particular one got excellent reviews where ever I saw it. Seems like a lot of torque for not much money. Can't see spending a ton on something I use on a very limited basis. However, I have a shitty harbor freight one now and it sucks.

I have had experience with an impact gun from harbor freight and found them not to be as efficient as craftsman or kobalt. Ended up returning it. They are also loud and clanky and have to be lubricated more than other brands.

You do get what you pay for.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
It's a great deal. 15 bucks more and you get a lifetime replacement.

I'm an Ingersoll Rand man thru and thru, but these things compare pretty good to my 2135 ti Max units.

I'm pretty happy with the HF impact sockets as well. I use the shit out of mine and have had no failures.

KO

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've had one for about 10 years now, and it's still running great with moderate use in the garage. I have the HF impact sockets too, and haven't had a single issue with them either.

Reactions: Chas and larankevin

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a habor freight one and it wouldn't do the job on taking off my spindle bolts... went to Home depot and got a 800ft lb one by Husky and its a beast and took them right off... I think it was on sale for under $100... like they say, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the 3/4 earthquake from HB and I work in a oilfield heavy equipment shop and the thing will take bolts off that a snap-on 3/4 would not touch let alone a craftsman or lowes gun. Get it Man U won't be disappointed!!

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
You won't be disappointed up to the moment the pneumatics shatter and it seizes up or spins free with no torque, so It's probably worth it to pay extra for the warranty, because that can happen with any pneumatic power tool.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You won't be disappointed up to the moment the pneumatics shatter and it seizes up or spins free with no torque, so It's probably worth it to pay extra for the warranty, because that can happen with any pneumatic power tool.

Been doing heavy equipment for 13 years and have never seen any impact ever do that bud. Maybe u got a bad one or two!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, I'm going to give it a try. I've some el cheapo right now that won't take lug nuts off! WTF? For $70 I don't think you can go wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts