Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2013 Double Cab with the Non-JBL HU and was looking at upgrading the speakers. I saw on Tacotunes the Image Dynamics CTX69's for the front and the CTX65's for the rear. Has anybody out there installed these with the stock HU and what were your results? Thanks!

· Registered
192 Posts
I had a similar thought process as you at first. After some research I came up with two options. Replace things in this order: hu, amp, speakers, sub. The other option is just to add a amp and sub. One of the local audio shops had this cart that they used to place a sub behind my rear seats for me to hear what it sounded like. Both the car and sub were set to the same radio station. Just the sub alone made the non-jbl stock speakers seem not as terrible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Premium Member
893 Posts
Replacing my stock non JBL headunit with a pioneer touchscreen really changed the sound of the stock speakers...our stock head units barely put any power out to those tissue thin stock speakers anyways....once I blow at least 1 stock speaker, I'm just going to replace them with some infinity kappa's

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input. With the recommendation of driving the speakers with an amp, would these speakers be a good upgrade? I'm not looking for a real high end sound system, just something that will improve the stock HU's sound. Speaking of an amp, any recommendations if I were to buy those speakers and keep the existing HU?

· Read Only
3,501 Posts
Putting a pair of Polks with > 75 RMS will be amazing. They handle 100W RMS. I have had different ones from their DB series and MM series 6x9's, 6.5's, Slim 6.5's, 4x6's, 5.25's.... they're all fantastic for the money. Even their subs are surprising especially the MM subs. Getting a set of 6.5's for the rear doors and a set of 6.5's or 6x9's for the front doors and replacing the dash with a set of tweeters or another small speaker will be loud and clear. The Polk 6x9's and 6.5's put out a surprising amount of bass too. Infinity Kappa's were always lacking in bass, and overbearing in treble. Their Reference series sounds much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.