Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas.

Just wanted to share some pics of my very first new truck and the work i've done so far. I liked the way the platinums were painted so i took off all the chrome and plastic and had it powdercoated/painted. Usually the first thing i do is a lift but i'm saving that for a couple months. I'm still not sure i like the white emblem in the front. ive also done the antenna, tint, debadge (painted 4x4 badge), hella supertones horns. If I can you with anything that i've done so far let me know.

Here are my next projects, and some that i'll need your help on:

Lift: i want 6-7" but i do not want the front higher than the back. If anything, i would like the back a little higher than the front. I'm thinking 6" in the front and 4" in the back. I do not plan on off-roading much so maybe one of the cheaper lifts. I have seen the lifts that you can adjust or add a shackle or whatever to give you the ability to raise/drop the front/rear 1" or so to get the stance i want. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wheels/Tires: Planning on 35" Trail Grapplers on 20" blackish wheels. I wan't the wheels tucked inside the truck as much as possible, or at least not stick out far. i think i'm pretty much stuck at 20x9 wheels with 35x12.5 tires but i'm not sure on the backspacing yet?

Weathertech Floor Mats: i would have pulled the trigger on these already, but i have a hard time believing the 2014 mats are EXACTLY the same as the 2013 with the new body style and all. can anyone confirm that they fit perfectly? i saw the same product number for both years.

Navigation: I guess i'll have to wait until i have more options on this one. for now i'm trying to finish this tasker script that will launch spotify and start streaming my playlists when my truck turns on and connects to my phone. by the way, does anyone know the exact resolution on the touch screen?

Amp Research Powersteps: I'm set on these i think. as long as i don't hear bad things on durability.

Storage: As you know, storage is limited. Looking for a console organizer for the short term. I don't really want to take up half my bed with a toolbox. I would really like to buy/build a box for under the back seats. i don't mind cutting the carpet, tearing out the "foam", and buying/building an organizer and maybe a sub for under the back seat as long as i plan and am prepared, which pretty much means someone else has to do it first.

sorry so long...thanks for the help.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Weathertech mats, fronts are correct, same as 2007 up, rears are not, weathertech is telling me a month out on rears. navigation, you can actually find the entune systems popping up on ebay now, find you a premium entune system and you will be fine with the navigation of it, Toyota I give props to, their navigation unit beats the one in my fiancés acura TL. I would definetly keep the truck factory with the entune premium unit

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Very Nice truck! And one hell of an intro thread! I really like the color match
truck, and yes to the white emblem! Welcome from N. Texas!

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
The color match surround look so much better, nicely done!!!

yea, I think that white logo needs to go and just make it black.

I am curious on what you come up with for storage, which like you said is lacking in a major way stock...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wheels/Tires: Planning on 35" Trail Grapplers on 20" blackish wheels. I wan't the wheels tucked inside the truck as much as possible, or at least not stick out far. i think i'm pretty much stuck at 20x9 wheels with 35x12.5 tires but i'm not sure on the backspacing yet?
Nice Truck! I'm running a +20 offset with 20x9 and 35's and stick out about an inch or two (mainly just sidewall). I would stay somewhere in the +20 to +30 if you want to keep them tucked.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think i'll order the front mats today and grab the rear set when they release. I'll keep my eyes peeled on ebay for the nav. no big hurry. i really like the stock system so i don't want to go aftermarket if possible. I was going to wait on the lift/tire/wheels, but now that i got the rest painted, they really stick out like a sore thumb.
Thanks for the welcomes, you guys are great and i'll keep you posted on the progress.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome, any diffrence in reception with am/fm and the stubby antenna?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome, any diffrence in reception with am/fm and the stubby antenna?
I live in a decent size city i guess but i don't think i noticed any loss of signal. I really only listen to XM or bluetooth stream really though. i did cycle through the channels when i first put it on and everything seemed fine to me. then again, i'm not really familiar with the radio stations here anyway so i wouldn't know if i were missing any.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts