Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yes i did lol? That one dealer quoted me $10,319 OTD. Too high. Dealer in NC has offered me $9634 OTD
That last sentence in that post I quoted you on there's no OTD price lol..

" If I need you DitchDr then Im selling the bike lol.[/quote]"

But anyway good luck I'm 44 and would love another CBR ...

·
Registered
288 Posts
That is why if I'm going to look at a car or bike I'll drive my old, primered, Suzuki Samurai.
If you pull up in something new, the price went up.

I worked at a Ford dealer years ago, saw an old farmer roll in driving a 20 year old F150 and none of the sales guys wanted to talk to him.

I sold him one of the nicest trucks we had on the lot and he wrote a check for it. :D

The sales guys there were some of the worst backstabbers I've ever encountered, and that is why I didn't stay in that business.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Dealerships of cars/bikes/boats provide the most infuriating buying experience of any product on the face of the earth. I love kicking tires and snooping around lots, but as soon as I see these guys on the ambush walk I instantly am filled with rage. I've just tired of their nonsense. When I say "let's have a chat about pricing" and they say "what's your trade-in and what payment are you looking for", I am filled with a desire to cave their face in. Much like your experience, when I ask you for the dollar amount I need to fork over to drive away I expect that number. All your extra fees, warranties, etc can be snugly inserted up your ass. I just need the number.

Long ago I began taking great pains to be a dick the first time a sales rep starts the racket. Don't know your product or come at me like I need my hand held? Adios, or better yet I'll just come back later and purposely seek out someone else. You can watch them take your sale.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
dealerships of cars/bikes/boats provide the most infuriating buying experience of any product on the face of the earth. I love kicking tires and snooping around lots, but as soon as i see these guys on the ambush walk i instantly am filled with rage. I've just tired of their nonsense. When i say "let's have a chat about pricing" and they say "what's your trade-in and what payment are you looking for", i am filled with a desire to cave their face in. Much like your experience, when i ask you for the dollar amount i need to fork over to drive away i expect that number. All your extra fees, warranties, etc can be snugly inserted up your ass. I just need the number.

Long ago i began taking great pains to be a dick the first time a sales rep starts the racket. Don't know your product or come at me like i need my hand held? Adios, or better yet i'll just come back later and purposely seek out someone else. You can watch them take your sale.
exactly!!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've never bought a motorcycle from a dealer, but....

One of the guys I work with went to pay cash for a brand new Suzuki. He called the dealer and they gave him the price and said it was the out the door price. But when he gets there they tack on another $1k in fees. He said 'f off' and called another local Suzuki dealer and said he was a cash buyer, explained the situation and they gave him the same bike for what the original dealer said the out the door price would be.

You might try pitting dealers against each other and see what happens.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Lmao. We have a GM mega dealer here that apparently mandates that their sales weasels launch a ground assault on you the minute you hit the property. They usually all stand up under the awning smoking or bullshitting, and you can see as soon as you turn in the next guy up to bat starts tracking you. Rain or shine they start hot footing it, usually with an outstretched arm trying to flag you down. When we eat on that side of town I usually make a beeline through there. If you come in on the far end they get to stepping. A properly planned route will force them to weave in and out of rows and easily clock a solid 1500 feet of wasted walking for them. When they finally corner me they get the "shoo away" with the hand and off we go. Pointless, yes, but I enjoy wasting their time and energy especially in inclement weather.

This is one of those shitholes that has as their first question every time "Can I help you find something". NO. I have eyeballs that work fine dummy. Second question is always "What kinda payment were you looking to get"? F OFF!!

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
@swmotundra doesn't it just piss you off. I know exactly what your talking about. I love that you purposely waste there time. That would be something I would totally do lol

You might try pitting dealers against each other and see what happens.
Thats what I've been doing.

MSRP on this bike is $10,990. Most dealer delivery, assembly, doc fee, bla bla bla is about $800-$1000, then $300 state tax. So the high end I've had dealers quote me $11,900 out the door. FOR A NEW 2014. LOL. its a year old!
I've talked to TWELVE different dealers. Best price that has the color I want has me at $8849 + all bullshit fee's and taxs I'm at $9634 OTD. I found one dealer that beat them with the color i want but they are 10 hours away, not 2.

SO I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer in NC to confirm that this bike doesn't have one single fûcking scratch on it and has 0 miles or no more then a couple.

If it all checks out, I'll be putting a deposit on it today and buying it next week or so when I get back in country again.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Have a deposit down. $9634 OTD After talking to 15 dealers that's the best I could do. Which i feel is fair. its $1400 bucks under msrp and it includes all taxs, assembly, destination, doc, and title fee's.

Took some time, and a shovel to get through the bullshît but I hope to pick it up in the next week or so.

This has NOT been a fun experience.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
@swmotundra doesn't it just piss you off. I know exactly what your talking about. I love that you purposely waste there time. That would be something I would totally do lol

Thats what I've been doing.

MSRP on this bike is $10,990. Most dealer delivery, assembly, doc fee, bla bla bla is about $800-$1000, then $300 state tax. So the high end I've had dealers quote me $11,900 out the door. FOR A NEW 2014. LOL. its a year old!
I've talked to TWELVE different dealers. Best price that has the color I want has me at $8849 + all bullshit fee's and taxs I'm at $9634 OTD. I found one dealer that beat them with the color i want but they are 10 hours away, not 2.

SO I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer in NC to confirm that this bike doesn't have one single fûcking scratch on it and has 0 miles or no more then a couple.

If it all checks out, I'll be putting a deposit on it today and buying it next week or so when I get back in country again.
If the dealer says there are no scratches have him/ her make you a walk around video with smartphone. Ensure he shows the VIN.

Hopefully you plan on picking it up in person and not using a shipping company.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
Glad you found one.

When buying the Tundra, I e-mailed a bunch of dealers. Had a good deal 4 hours away. Local dealer kept bugging me to come in and said he would match. I went in and he would NOT match the deal, he was $800 higher. I said thanks, but no thanks and started to walk out. He said, "You would drive 4 hours away to save $800?" My reply was, "That's like paying myself $100 per hour to go pick up the truck and drive back. It's a no-brainer." He got within $300 so I agreed to a deal.

I tried to make a deal on a motorcycle when I was 22. I was ready to pay cash for last year's model in stock. Started negotiating with the salesman and the OWNER comes over. He tells me to come back with my dad if I want to buy a motorcycle. I told him to go F**K himself and said I will take my cash to another dealer. Went down the road and paid cash for a newer model at a lower price.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
If the dealer says there are no scratches have him/ her make you a walk around video with smartphone. Ensure he shows the VIN.

Hopefully you plan on picking it up in person and not using a shipping company.
I am picking it up. Had them confirm it has ZERO miles. never been ran at all. I feel good about it. its a 3 hour drive from my house, I'm going to rent a truck ($60 bucks) and haul ass up there early in the AM and be back by early afternoon that day. I'll re-confirm VERY sternly that this bike will be flawless or I will loose my shit. I feel I'm in the good right now though.

I tried to make a deal on a motorcycle when I was 22. I was ready to pay cash for last year's model in stock. Started negotiating with the salesman and the OWNER comes over. He tells me to come back with my dad if I want to buy a motorcycle. I told him to go F**K himself and said I will take my cash to another dealer. Went down the road and paid cash for a newer model at a lower price.
wow. SMFH.

When I bought my Z06 at 25 I had a lot of "is that your dad's car" or "dad let you take the car out?" comments. I would laugh to myself, I have a young face so I'm sure I looked 20 at best.

I love haters, because they let you know you're on top.

·
"I'm your Huckleberry"
2,204 Posts
@BigNuge. Nice. LOL.
@WVhillbilly, some bullshit isn't it?!

and no thanks randomwalk101. I'm looking for a Brand new 2014 R6. I want a 2014 since the color combo they offer (matte gray) they don't offer for 2015. About 13 dealers have brand new 2014s near me

Let me know when you want to ride, this is my 08. :)

·
"I'm your Huckleberry"
2,204 Posts
@Punch LoL, cross country trip on the 600s! :D

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
That's a sweet looking' ride, @Punch. Congrats on the fruits of much labor. Hopefully I'll have mine soon and the wife and I can take a ride down to Chuck Town. With a little break halfway of course to rest these old bones.

Which dealership did you go with in NC? I only have like 2 to choose from locally.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks man! The boat sold so I want a new toy. :)

@bhertz82 Interstate Cycle. It's in Morrisville NC.

You ever make it down here. shoot me a PM! If I'm in the country, then Ill try and meet up.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts