Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 07 DC, and it had a pinstripe that was a bit sun-cooked. I'm not a fan, so I've been trying to remove it. So I used the 3M wheel, but I can't seem to get the adhesive off. I've used WD-40, cleaner wax, and regular wax, to no avail. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me nuts.

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts
soak a bit in goo gone? That eraser wheel should do it...

Reactions: TexMac

· Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Seriously, the eraser wheel won't take it off? Are you sure it isn't a stain in the paint.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it's definitely the adhesive. The wheel got the actual stripe just fine, but the adhesive stays. It's not stained, it seems to stand slightly above the clear coat, but is still hard. It's been pretty cold here (30 at night 45 daytime temp) so I'll continue trying some heat and bring out the goo gone. It really shouldn't be this hard, but I wondered if anyone else had this experience before. Thanks.

· Premium Member
8,090 Posts
The only think I've experienced with an eraser wheel is crap like that disappearing in an instant. That's why I asked, it usually works so well.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it took the stripe off with quickness. But now I have a perfect black pinstripe of adhesive.

· Registered
5,147 Posts
I think the temps are what is screwing you.

· Registered
260 Posts
I'm not trying to be a Monday-morning QB, but I would've suggested using some heat with a heat gun when you pulled the stripe initially. That would've likely had the adhesive remain on the stripe as you pulled it off. Heat is still your best friend. I agree that the current cold temps are helping. If you carefully heat any residual adhesive with a heat gun it should get gooey enough to wipe off with a rag and some goo-gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.