Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at suspension kits for my 2013 rock warrior 5.7l. Im considering the Bilstein 6112 fronts and 5160's for the rear. Not sure if I need a better upper control arm or anything else.

Anyways the question is. If you had 5 grand for suspension what would you get? Be as specific as you can.

·
Registered
147 Posts
7" BDS kit, 35" tires, and 20" wheels!

I've got lift remorse from only doing leveling struts and shackles. The next truck will have a true lift kit...

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
I would go TRD Pro and put the other 2500 into savings or retirement

or of course, hookers and blow

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Depends on how you use your truck. Nobody will be able to give you the best solution until you decide how you will use your truck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am always exploring new places in my truck. I was on a business trip last weekend and saw a trail out by Yuma. I just veered right off the road and took it about 18 miles. I had to stop because the whoops were just killing my stock suspension. (gritting my teeth). I want something I can go out on runs with and kick my friends dads raptors ass. But I want a solid build. Im looking into the fox shocks now as we speak.

Depends on how you use your truck. Nobody will be able to give you the best solution until you decide how you will use your truck.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
If your gonna be in the dirt then the only way to go is coilovers.
You need a solid Mid-Travel kit - 2-3 inches of lift and up to 35 inch tires with a few modifications.
King, Fox, Icon or ADS - those will be bulletproof and handle anything you throw at it.
Front 2.5 Resi coilovers with 600-700lb springs and a set up Upper Control Arms.
Rear you can do Deavers with 2.5 Remote resi shocks or ADS makes a 2.5 Triple bypass Shock
If you tow you might not want Deavers as they are a bit softer, but there are other options as well.
A true "bracket" lift kit will not give you any more clearance nor will if perform in the dirt as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The icon kit I posted seems to have everything included and it is around 4k

stick with fox, kings or ADS

get front coilovers and upper control arms, either total chaos or camburg
and get 2.5 shocks for rear.

that will put you just at 5k~ish

·
Registered
701 Posts
If your gonna be in the dirt then the only way to go is coilovers.
You need a solid Mid-Travel kit - 2-3 inches of lift and up to 35 inch tires with a few modifications.
King, Fox, Icon or ADS - those will be bulletproof and handle anything you throw at it.
Front 2.5 Resi coilovers with 600-700lb springs and a set up Upper Control Arms.
Rear you can do Deavers with 2.5 Remote resi shocks or ADS makes a 2.5 Triple bypass Shock
If you tow you might not want Deavers as they are a bit softer, but there are other options as well.
A true "bracket" lift kit will not give you any more clearance nor will if perform in the dirt as well.
^^^^ This!

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
5 hookers and 3 oz of blow and a night in vegas.

·
15,623 Posts
The icon kit I posted seems to have everything included and it is around 4k
Icon's are cool.. they've got the bling factor going on.
but if you're serious about hitting the trails, then stick to what was suggested. there's a reason why people arent suggesting icons...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Ive been looking at suspension kits for my 2013 rock warrior 5.7l. Im considering the Bilstein 6112 fronts and 5160's for the rear. Not sure if I need a better upper control arm or anything else.

Anyways the question is. If you had 5 grand for suspension what would you get? Be as specific as you can.
May i ask what you normally use your 2013 for? Btw, im also from daygo, but stationed in vegas.

·
Bah! Humbug!
181 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Offroad truck.....Camburg all the way make a great mid-long travel product. Around town truck probably BDS with 4wd or like I have mine setup 2wd (maxtrac spindle with bilstein 5100). Both worlds? hmmmmm probably Icon

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I usually lean towards Fox or King, but from what you described, I'd suggest an Icon Stage 5/6, and swap the rear expansion pack with deavers (unless you tow a lot or carry heavy loads a lot). If you go the Deaver route, you should go with longer rear shocks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts