Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is an ideal tire pressure for lifted Tundras (mine is an '04). It has the Bilstein 5100s in front and 1" blocks in the rear and I currently have the pressure set according to the door jamb (29 front, 30 rear). It seems a bit mushy though. I'm obviously going to experiment with a higher pressure, but was curious if anyone has experienced this. I noticed it most when pulling into the driveway.

· Registered
2,857 Posts
Depends on your tire rating. I run E rated bfg ats at around 36psi in normal conditions and have tested them at 45 but don't like how rough they can ride at times. The max psi on my tires is 80psi so I can inflate them quite a bit more when towing and I've pushed them up to 60 when hauling a heavy trailer.

If youre running a p rated tire your max psi might be 36 or 40psi. See what your rating is and report back.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yokohama Geolander A/T-S, max pressure = 51 psi. I just brought the fronts up to 34 psi and it seems better now. Backs are at 32, not 30 as mentioned previously.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.