Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking around here for quite a while trying to decide how I'm gonna step up my game in the suspension arena. I'm currently just runnung a 3/1 Readylift kit, but now want the same stance, but from a legit coil over set up. I've been looking at King OEM coilovers paired w King rear piggyback shocks and Camburg UCA's. I've already got a set of CB's 3" shackles sitting in a box ready to be installed to replace the 1" rear spacer. Now, I'm looking at the ICON Stage V set up. Piggyback coils up front, rear piggyback's in the back, billet UCA's new leaf spring expansion pack too:eek:

Anybody have a Stage V setup on their Tundra? What do you think about it? I like the idea of having all my components being from the same manufacturer, not that the KING's with Camburg UCA's don't work together, but I guess that's just a matter of personal opinion. What's everybody think?

· Premium Member
2010 Platinum, TRD SC, Signature SV602 wheels with Toyo AT2, Volk Racing TE37XT Nokian Outposts
435 Posts
I talked with an Icon rep and for what I take my truck through such as the occasional weekend forest logging trail then the stage 2 would suffice with Total Chaos UCA's. If you have the $ and do lots of trail riding or racing then Stage 5 shocks won't overheat as easily. Can't go wrong with Icon, King, Camburg, Total Chaos, OME or any of the reputable suspension products for our trucks...just find what suit your needs.

Reactions: Chas

· Registered
92 Posts
I have the kit on my truck and i really enjoy it. It is definitely a great ride off road. No complaints. Ive had the kit on for about a year and half now. And not to mention they have great customer service.

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the kit on my truck and i really enjoy it. It is definitely a great ride off road. No complaints. Ive had the kit on for about a year and half now. And not to mention they have great customer service.
Where in AZ are you? I'm in Tucson, and need to find a shop somewhere w/in driving distance. I've seen SDHQ in Gilbert, and may end up going with them...

· Registered
92 Posts
Im out in Queen Creek area. I actually got a shop out in Cali to do the install. Soca Super Trucks are the ones that hooked it. Highly recommend them, I know its a lil ways from Az. I am happy with the kit. it does what i want it to do and more.

Where in AZ are you? I'm in Tucson, and need to find a shop somewhere w/in driving distance. I've seen SDHQ in Gilbert, and may end up going with them...

· Registered
92 Posts
Yea it is. I moved to AZ 4 years ago. Came from the LA area. I haven't been to Tucson area yet. Although i hear there are some good spot out there to eat at.

· Registered
11 Posts
Just had my Stage 5 installed by So Cal Supper Trucks. Best price in town and the do really clean work. Best money I've ever spent. Rides like a sports car in the dirt. What bumps!!!!

· Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Coilovers are always worth it.

· Premium Member
125 Posts
Yeah we love the ICON kit here. I had it on my Tacoma previously and I would blow right past bolt on LT kitted trucks with un-tuned shocks.
chas can you please PM me your price on the Icon stage 5, i didnt know you carry them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.