Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fellas...I am a new member and would like to get my first bit of advice! I have a 2013 Louisiana Edition 4x4 with the 20" wheels. I am looking to get it leveled. I've seen other Tundras that get leveling kits and it is actually higher in the front than it is in the rear. I want mine LEVEL. Any advice on which leveling kit I should use? And I love the way it rides now so I want to keep that smoothness...Or at least as smooth as possible. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
2,357 Posts
use a 2.4" kit

Reactions: leelandaiche

· Registered
219 Posts
You can go Procomp 2.4 lift but when your rear springs start to settle or if you haul things then the rear will start to lower.
I'd recommend 2"-2.25" if you plan to leave your rear stock.

Try and stay away from the rubber/plastic, or aluminum spacer blocks. Rubber/plastic will degrade, and aluminum will corrode over time. Try and find a good set of steel Powdercoated "set on top" coil spacers. (Do not get the one's that install in the strut) they tend to cause strut failure, and a hash ride. This is because the increase the coil length and over extend the strut. (ontop spacers will keep your truck as close to stock ride as possible.)

(If you have a 4x4 you might want to look into suspension limiting straps (If you plan to huck your truck))

Also by staying bellow 3" lift on the front you'll be able to have your alignment in a better psoition. Set your Camber to 0* and your Caster in the middle of the factory spec range. (Increase the caster accordingly as your tire size increases to maintain stability)

If you want to run 35" tires I'd consider a 4"-5" DB lift in the long run it will save you a lot of heart ache. But that's a different topic.;)

Good luck!:)

· Registered
56 Posts
I did a 3/1 leveling kit and hated it, I have since changed my rear from 1" to 2". Its in fact not level but it looks level, my truck is in shop now getting a 6" pro comp 1 it also makes it level, 6/4, I'm having them go 6/5. I think the one inch rear above level looks awesome. Just my 2 cents

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys! Yeah...If It doesn't come out level, I at least want it to be very close. But If its not level, I want the rear to be slightly higher...not the front. I fish constantly so I will be pulling a boat a whole lot...I guess it would be a better Idea to keep the front end slightly lower right?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can go Procomp 2.4 lift but when your rear springs start to settle or if you haul things then the rear will start to lower.
I'd recommend 2"-2.25" if you plan to leave your rear stock.
I havent really decided yet if I want to keep the rear stock yet. The way the truck sits right now, you would never know its a 4wd from the outside unless you look at the tailgate. I am not really in to the huge lifts. I just want a small lift for some slightly bigger and more aggressive tires. Just to give it that mean look without the overkill. And keep in mind, I do hook up to a boat trailer a lot so I don't want it to look like a dog with an itchy ass when i'm pulling something! If I were to lift the rear also, What do ya'll recommend?

· Registered
41 Posts
3" lift up front w/coach's +2 shackles would get pretty close to level I think.

· "Resident Liberal"
13,624 Posts
Bilstein 5100's set to the top will get you level.

· Registered
143 Posts
I did the Rough Country leveling kit. I was 2 5/8" higher in the back than the front when stock. Their instructions say that the main spacer will give you 2 1/4" lift, plus each shim they provide will give you another 3/8", which should be right at 2 5/8" if you use one shim. I used one shim on each side and it sits almost exactly level after alignment. If I pulled a boat very much I probably would have left it stock. I may still end up getting the 2" CB shackles at some point to give it a 1" or so rake.

· Premium Member
699 Posts
Like the other guys said... Bilstein 5100 set to top notch will get you level, retain the nice plush ride, and it will be done the "right" way.

I had a spacer leveling kit on my last Crewmax, never had any problems and drove great, but after seeing the horrors of the lower portion of the factory Bilstein strut buckling... I wouldn't go that route again just for peace of mind.

Long story short... do a set of Bilstein 5100's and you'll be set!

Reactions: thetastelingers

· Registered
1,427 Posts
Thanks Guys! Yeah...If It doesn't come out level, I at least want it to be very close. But If its not level, I want the rear to be slightly higher...not the front. I fish constantly so I will be pulling a boat a whole lot...I guess it would be a better Idea to keep the front end slightly lower right?
From one fisherman to another...Bilstein 5100s at 2.5" and a 1" rear block...

Attachments

· Registered
1,744 Posts
3" lift up front w/coach's +2 shackles would get pretty close to level I think.
Its about .25-.5" higher in the rear. I like the stance a lot and is what I would recommend. Rear sits slightly higher in the rear but to the naked eye its level. Coachbuilders shackles also make the rear ride better. I would definitely recommend cb's shackles over a small lift block!

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its about .25-.5" higher in the rear. I like the stance a lot and is what I would recommend. Rear sits slightly higher in the rear but to the naked eye its level. Coachbuilders shackles also make the rear ride better. I would definitely recommend cb's shackles over a small lift block!

I have a few questions...What size tires does this lift allow? I have 20" wheels. Does anyone know how much these shackles will cost me? And also, what would be a good 3" lift for the front to maintain the factory ride?

· Registered
79 Posts
Like the other guys said... Bilstein 5100 set to top notch will get you level, retain the nice plush ride, and it will be done the "right" way.

I had a spacer leveling kit on my last Crewmax, never had any problems and drove great, but after seeing the horrors of the lower portion of the factory Bilstein strut buckling... I wouldn't go that route again just for peace of mind.

Long story short... do a set of Bilstein 5100's and you'll be set!
Im thinking about putting the 5100s front and rear on my crewmax platinum and switching out the 20 inch alloys for rock warrior rims. Will a 285/75/17 toyo mt 34.1 (i think) rub or should i just stick with a 285/70/17. IF I Put bilstein at highest setting do i need diff drop?

· Registered
3,278 Posts
Coilovers up front and CB shackle in the rear. That way you can adjust the Coilover to make sure your at the right height.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.