Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just installed a sweet Kenwood DD stereo, he sent me this pic. I am leaning towards getting one now...any thoughts - pros or cons?

Heres the pic its a KENWOOD 2013 DD CD Receiver

Thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
My friend just installed a sweet Kenwood DD stereo, he sent me this pic. I am leaning towards getting one now...any thoughts - pros or cons?

Heres the pic its a KENWOOD 2013 DD CD Receiver

Thanks
That is the new Kenwood DPX-series double-din.
The pic is low quality so it's hard to tell if it's the "500BT" or "300U" version.

Regardless, I would skip on this.

If you are looking for a non-DVD double-din unit, the JVC KW-R900BT is FAR superior for a few reasons:

-- It's cheap (under $200)
-- It does everything the Kenwood units do (e.g. Bluetooh AD2P, iPod, etc.)
-- MUCH better display
-- 3 pairs of 5V gold-plated preouts (vs. the 2.5V on Kenwood)
-- 24-bit TI/Burr-Brown DAC
-- Parametric EQ

Link: http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029017&pathId=148&page=2

FYI, Kenwood & JVC are one-in-the-same company. These units are very likely built in the same buildhouse, if not on the same build-line. However, if you compare the JVC vs. Kenwood offerings, it's a clear no-brainer which is better.

I have installed the R900BT in a Tundra with a fairly modest system, and I was very impressed with the overall quality of the unit itself and the sound it output. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks for the great info.... He's not much on tech stuff, he's awesome mechanically so not sure how much time he put in in deck selection I just like the look for sure. Ill check out the info u posted!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts